Thomas91169s 2013 Genesis Coupe thread

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Finally upgraded the DD. 2013 Gen Coupe 2.0t with only 4k on it, still fully warrantied to 100k (CPO). Was looking for a 3.8 Grand Touring but dealers all thought they were sitting on gold mines and nobody wanted to haggle. Found a dealer willing to actually talk pricing, got a great deal on a insanely clean car and the fact even after 2yrs of me putting 20k on it yearly that itll still be worth market value is a definite bonus.

Some quick pics from earlier thismorning:

20150110_101557.jpg

20150110_101611.jpg

20150110_101655.jpg

20150110_101731.jpg

20150110_101812.jpg

First Mod, shift knob brah!
20150109_181248.jpg

Pending:
OEM Spoiler Install
OEM Fog/DRL LED install

Then:
Catback/Intake/Tune

This car is a blast to drive. Sure its no track or Rspec but it still handles nicely when you push it into and out of a corner.

o2gt

Established Member
Cool car I think I would opt for the turbo also. My understanding is they respond well to tuning. Does yours have the track pack?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, should be a very fun car with great looks as well.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Always liked how these cars looked, very nice man. If you dont mind me asking what'd you get it for?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Looks like it's going to be a fun car. I'm sure you aren't going to be afraid to drive it like it's supposed to be driven!

Nope but it will still be driven mostly freeway miles.

Cool car I think I would opt for the turbo also. My understanding is they respond well to tuning. Does yours have the track pack?

Negative. Base model actually. I went 180* on pretty much what I wanted (v6, 8AT, Nav+leather) but I needed to get a second car (our tiburon was totaled out) so I couldnt wait forever for the right car at the right price with the right dealer that wanted to make the right deal. Test drove about 10 cars and 8 dealers and walked away each time. Nobody wants to haggle anymore, and thats a no-go for me.

Im still more than satisfied with what this little thing does even a base. Will work on updating the stereo in a while as well, some sort of double din receiver that runs android apps/mirroring is pretty simple.

The only reason though it really caught my attention as the miles it had on it. Being a 13 with that low means by next year itll still be one of the lowest mileage cars if I wanted to get out from under it.

Always liked how these cars looked, very nice man. If you dont mind me asking what'd you get it for?

They had it listed for $21.5k, got them down to $20.5 which is a grand more than anyone else wanted to do. My payments are under what I wanted them to be (low $300's). Im a cheap ass, I was willing to give my money to the first dealer willing to talk actual numbers rather than go "this is the lowest we can go" or pull some "were losing money on it!" bullshit line.

Was gonna get a brand new Fiesta ST but two dealers were both unwilling to deal. Pulled some shit like I would only qualify for 3.99% apr 72mo with my insanely good credit, and wouldnt give me the full ford rebates saying I didnt qualify. GTFO. like, I see what others are paying and the deals theyre getting, if you want my business you gotta make me feel like im at least getting some sort of deal.

Congrats brother!

Thank you. Its been a good 4yrs ive wanted one of these. Shits happened over the years that had sidetracked me but finally things fell into place nicely.Was daily driving the eclipse only for a few years saving for one of these, eclipse blew motor and same week ex's car died too (****ing VW), so had to make a rush decision to get the Fusion. Moved down to san diego with current gf and likely future wifey, and sold eclipse (was supposed to be weekend/mod car) and have been just solely rocking the fusion since. Wish the fusion was totaled and not our tiburon but it is what it is, at least nobody was hurt and we had some nice equity in it.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just bought a truck tonight with my bro in law.

They used the exact same line on us... "we're literally losing money on this one!" GTFO of here... damn place was just remodeled and dealer has been there for 20+ years..... you dumbasses aint losing money.

They really irritate me.

Congrats on the car though! Ive always like the turbo Genesis.... definitely the way to go over the 3.8.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wanted the 3.8 to get the extra power right off the bat (was looking at only 13+ so they have 348hp from the GDI 3.8), because I wanted to keep away from a platform I know ill want to mod. The 3.8 I wouldve done just exhaust and called it done. 274 from the 2.0t is good enough though and I get a few extra mpg's out of it over the v6 so thats always a plus with my commute. Im seeing 26-28mpg on the readout but thats 90% fwy.

Now I cant help but want to get into this car badly and its hard to resist. Though they dont have much good tuning support yet so that helps. These cars dont quite yet have the following of say the evo/subie or even srt/dsm background has, but the car has only existed for 5 years now whereas evo/wrx/sti and dsm's and srt4s have been around for a couple decades now. Theres only two outfits that do tuning and its a mail order tune pretty much. Im used to stuff like ECMlink were its DIY and I likely wont get into it much until they have something similar. Ill probably get a run of the mill canned tune for the time being but the second something more hands on end-user comes out im jumping on that shit in a heartbeat. Theres one issue the car has, and thats a scaled throttle input since its DBW (drive by wire) that makes starting into 1st a pain in the ass, the first 20% of the gas pedal is dead if you dont blip it fast enough. Makes seasoned manual drivers look like n00bs because its not very consistent and you end up having to really compensate on the fly with clutch and additional throttle. Tunes get rid of that for a true 1:1 input.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Coupe. I almost bought one last year. Did you get to drive a 3.8? At the time I was looking at the Genesis Coupe, there were no 3.8s to test drive. I only drove the 2.0 turbo. Wish I could have compared the 3.8.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Those are sharp looking cars. Congrats. Hyundai makes some good stuff.

Too bad about that ugly font plate:xpl:

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Sunset cliffs?

Heading out there today, rain or shine, to give a couple of friends a tour of SD. If you see a white GTO....

Which dealer if you don't mind me asking? SD dealers (all of them) seem to be pompous pricks. I've convinced many friends to buy in LA or central Cali, and just do a road trip back home.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice pickup! Good color and good driveline. If I am not mistaken, these are the engines in the Ralliart Lancers. I heard they respond well to mods and they look really good.

Users who are viewing this thread