This sucks!!!!!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
We are the 1% of people effected when some guy at the pumps says, "Ah hell, it ain't gunna hurt nothing." (pours 87 and rest of his slushy in the 93 tank)

Now, TGIF Fridays restaurants are filling the Grey Goose bottles with moonshine...sort of the opposite effect but you get the point :beer:

:lol: yup i can this this scenario playing out just like that!

ill take the moonshine though:beer:

svt04cobra1

Established Member
I just recently switched to E85. It might be a bit more finicky with octane but at least with a $19 tester and some water you know exactly what your getting!!!!!!!

GT915

Established Member
It's no wonder there is so much power to be had with just a tune...Ford has to tune these things very conservatively to run on the crap that a lot of stations are passing off as fuel. I intend to data log mine frequently hereafter to make sure everything is okay. It really shouldn't have to be like this.

NickSezz

Established Member
It's no wonder there is so much power to be had with just a tune...Ford has to tune these things very conservatively to run on the crap that a lot of stations are passing off as fuel. I intend to data log mine frequently hereafter to make sure everything is okay. It really shouldn't have to be like this.

This is the same reason we can gain almost 100hp with a simple tune on a stock RS3...

Alien STI

Established Member

So, since its bad gas and your tuned now, your gonna run torco in every tank correct? Or have you found good gas with out torco?

GT915

Established Member
So, since its bad gas and your tuned now, your gonna run torco in every tank correct? Or have you found good gas with out torco?
Shaun said 1/4-1/2 can per tank should be fine. I just have the base tune right now. After I get my final tune, I'm gonna go to 1/2 can per tank and data log it again. If there is still no knock, I will drop back to 1/4 of a can per tank, log that and then act accordingly from there on. When I go to the track, I'll throw in a whole can just for insurance.

01GTB

Established Member
Nice to pay a premium for premium fuel and get garbage :cuss: Even E10 93 around here can be 60 to 70 cents more per gallon. Maybe I'll just start filling up with 87 and dump a whole can of Torco in there.

sleek98

Established Member
Where is everyone getting their torco from? They don't list very many places that sell it on their website. Are you ordering it through amazon or someplace else online?

GT915

Established Member
Where is everyone getting their torco from? They don't list very many places that sell it on their website. Are you ordering it through amazon or someplace else online?
You might check with your local speed or performance shops. None of the shops near me carried it but they did turn me on to a place called Baker Racing Fuels that have the torco for $20 per can. I have read that the Lucas fuel treatment is also effective and is available at Advance Auto parts just down the street from me. While it is cheaper, I think I'm just gonna go with what I know works. It still pisses me off that I have to do any of this just to get what I thought I was paying for in the first place.

gatty1303

Established Member
So in order to run "safely" we now have to add octane boosters in a car with only minor bolt on's and a tune. I was really looking forward to an AED tune, but with all this bad gas, I'm a little hesitant.

GT915

Established Member
Don't give up without at least trying. I refuse to believe that all premium fuel everywhere is crap. I'm probably in the minority, or at least I hope so.

DallasBoss

Established Member
Hey guys. I thought I would resurrect this thread to get any updates from those who had bad fuel logs and if you were able to resolve the issue.

I logged my stock tunes with several 93 octane pump brands in DFW and I had lots of knock activity. I already confirmed that bad gas was the issue by logging with Sunoco 105, which yielded great logs, no knock.

If anyone has used Torco regularly, were there any harmful effects, besides discolored spark plugs? Torco appears to be more cost effective than mixing 100+ octane with pump 93. And I'm not interested in e85 NA.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Folks, Shaun is telling it straight. I had the same situation on my car, lots of timing being pulled at WOT on his tune AND the stock tune on 93 pump gas. Shaun told me to get some better gas since the timing at 6500rpms was only around 21 degrees. Car is pretty much bone stock otherwise.

I went up to my local store and bought 5 gallons of 100 octane and mixed it in with the 93 Shell gas and voila, an almost perfectly flat timing line. Gaines 5-6 degrees of timing in some spots, peaking at 26-27 on stock tune and 27-28 at 6500rpms on AED's. Car runs MUCH better all around.

The gas in my area is junk too. I have timing logs for WOT pulls if anyone wants to see the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread