this scared the hell outta me

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatonMe

Stuff like this makes me want to keep my 5% tinted windows rolled all the way up when I drive, or not reveal my age when people ask. Makes me feel like shit knowing most people would put me in the same group as people like this just because I'm not as old....

Do yourself and others a favor, and don't pulley or mod the car any further.

LOL you guys are funny. coming from a bone stock cobra then getting a cat back then putting on the K&N FIPK then getting the MGW shifter, i'm already at 430rwhp.. why the **** shouldn't I mod it further? the tune & pulley is coming and I'll get used to that just like how I got used to the cat back and intake. these are called BASIC BOLT ONs. geeeesh, you people, it's only 490-500rwhp not that much compared to these people who are around my age like Predator03 who went straight to a KB pushing out 700rwhp. at least I'm GRADUALLY increasing.

I know theres a few women who drive Terminators... If a girl can drive it what makes you think I can't? especially a guy whos owned a cobra, other mustang V8s, has tested out the new 05 corvette beforehand...

Last edited:

spree

Established Member
Do whatever you want dude, it's your car. It's pretty clear you don't know how to drive it though.

black10th vert

Established Member
Sounds like you need the driving school I had in high school. We had a wet skid pad and a tall hill for learning to drive a stick. Skidpad was fun with a old v8 nova and bald tires.That was a public high school too.

I can drive stick perfectly fine. In fact, all of my cars were stick. If you're talking about Driver's Ed, I took that in high school already. If guys here who made videos of them flooring it with a 2.8 pulley/exhaust on street tires and doing 160 MPH flyby on bald F1s, I don't see how I will be dead with a ported blower + pulley with Drag Radials in 80+ degree weather. We'll see after I get it on. Oh and I already know about when it rains, I'll never bring my car over 40 MPH with Nittos if I am ever driving in the rain....

addicted2boost

Established Member
It sounds to me like you are just overthinking this whole thing by posting it on this forum. When your car unexpectedly gets sideways it should be a learning experience. You should be able to see what caused it and therefor avoid it the next time. This forum can not give you the ten commandments on how to drive your terminator. When driving a car like ours it is not always black and white, it takes good judgement and common sense.

nikemason said:
Oh and I already know about when it rains, I'll never bring my car over 40 MPH with Nittos if I am ever driving in the rain....

For example, I find that, contrary to what you may sometimes read, my brand new nittos do quite well in the rain - even at freeway speeds. However when they start to look more like slicks I will have to be more careful because COMMON SENSE tells me that they are more likely to hydroplane.

Last edited:

ModsAway

Established Member
addicted2boost said:
...it takes good judgement and common sense.

...I will have to be more careful because COMMON SENSE tells me that they are more likely to hydroplane.

Common Sense is NOT so common!! :smmon:

Thrust

Established Member
Wow what can I say? :nonono: I really think that you should learn to respect your car, and fully understand what it is capable of. You remind me of a lot of guys that get bit by the bike bug around this time of year. They see all these vids of people doing stunts and riding fast, and figure that they can do it too. They run out and get a 600, and end up dead by the end of the summer.
It's not about keeping up with the Jones, or having 450+ rwhp.
You are still very young, and through you posts you appear to be very inexperienced.

1. RESPECT YOUR COBRA!!! Understand that it is a very powerful car and that inexperience can KILL you!

2. DO NOT MOD YOUR CAR ANY FURTHER!!! Master you car as it is, find your comfort level and stay there until you are confident (not c0cky) in your abilities.

3. DO NOT RACE ANYONE!!! Don't put yourself or others at risk until you follow the first two steps.

The cobra is a man's (grown woman's) car. You have to reach a certain maturity level to fully respect what you have, take care of it, and NOT abuse it.

Mach1Marauder

Banned
nikemason said:
this is the SECOND time this happened to me.

I'm at an intersection there is on-coming cars left and right. I had my traction control OFF. I was making a left turn and I noticed a car coming on the right of me so I gave it 3/4 throttle or so, so I could get into the lane quickly and I noticed my tires SHIFTING almost like I was drifting and I hear the EERRRRRR noise so I turn my wheel to the right and I shift to 2nd then when I made a right turn I was going straight and I shifted again ERRR noise. Why is the rear sliding like this? It's a dry day 80+ degrees. :shrug: :shrug:
It's called "Tard driving a car"! :-D :-D

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Sarcasm on\

Yea, at 20 I was indestructible and had many (4) years of driving experience. Heck, after I took drivers ed I had mastered the art of driving. Gas, brake, clutch, steering, what more is there to learn?

Sarcasm off\

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
Take a beater car to a snow covered parking lot (empty). Learn to put it into a sideways slide and recover. Learn how to use the throttle to make a u-turn. Spin brodies. It actually is a lot of fun. These are basic skills that must be mastered by every driver of even a moderate performance vehicle. This can also be done in a muddy field if you don't mind risking getting stuck. (don't do any of this with your Cobra!)

mrose75

Established Member
20 years old....that explains everything. And no, when I had my Honda and moved to a Cobra I respected the power under the hood. I didn't go WOT at every stop sign/light or in every corner. I still respect the ponies under the hood because I know that this thing is a beast. I would love to be your insurance agent. I know they are raking in the dough, but they'll be buying a new Coba soon, the way you drive. Hopefully they're not paying someone's hospital bills too.

SVT04

Established Member
Plenty more good advice ...and you still sound like an inexperienced wet behind the ears kid.... as plenty others have said don't modify your car further. Give everyone where you live a break ...publish in the local papers when you will be out on the road..then they will have a chance to avoid you....You talk about "Going WOT" through the gears every day....poor car will not last long with you driving it anyway...sure we get into our "boost" occasionally as any high performance car driver will. But it is NOT daily WOT through the gears at every stoplight or every chance we get like some young idiots do....That is just abuse and any car regardless of how stout will suffer from that....Oh well when you blow it up then the neighbors will feel safer ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread