This new Adam's Sealant looks pretty Good!

inyadreems

Established Member
I would also take a look at Prima Hydro Max and Car Pro Hydro 2, both top notch products and super easy to use.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I'm amazed by how far sealants have come. I remember spending all day to apply 3 coats of Zaino and burning up my arm trying to buff it off. Then you could apply with a machine and have to wait 24 hours for it to cure, then you could apply by machine and wipe it off right away, now you have this.

Curious if the protection is as long as the other Adams paint sealants.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Not bad but for a "water" activated product, too much work. CarPro Hydro2, you spray it on car, rinse and done. The water spray actives the protection. The good for Adams will be the durability if 6 months is verified independently. Hydro2 is good for 4 months at best. I use hydro2 for my wheels, very easy. I cant wait to see what the next 6 months brigs the hobby.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Not bad but for a "water" activated product, too much work. CarPro Hydro2, you spray it on car, rinse and done. The water spray actives the protection. The good for Adams will be the durability if 6 months is verified independently. Hydro2 is good for 4 months at best. I use hydro2 for my wheels, very easy. I cant wait to see what the next 6 months brigs the hobby.

The durability of Adam's stuff IS usually pretty good, but I am happy with 2-3 months.. I think all that 4-6 month stuff is crap, and my car is kept in garage and hardly driven.
RC

inyadreems

Established Member
I have personally tested many products that last 4-6 months. Duragloss 105/501, Collonite 845, 476s, 915, Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax just to name a few. Hydro 2 will last 4 months and the beeding is insane.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I've got a bottle...way different than V07 or HydroMax. This is a 'true' sealant very similar to Hydro2, except for the added step of wiping it off. Still not a huge negative for me. I'm just seeing what the durability will be like...shine/depth,slickness is right up there with Hydro2/BFWD (Hydro2 I love and is one of my favorites, and IMO, a HUGE game changer in the industry due to its ease of use)

OK...I will post up more after some time has passed and let you know what I think.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I've got a bottle...way different than V07 or HydroMax. This is a 'true' sealant very similar to Hydro2, except for the added step of wiping it off. Still not a huge negative for me. I'm just seeing what the durability will be like...shine/depth,slickness is right up there with Hydro2/BFWD (Hydro2 I love and is one of my favorites, and IMO, a HUGE game changer in the industry due to its ease of use)

OK...I will post up more after some time has passed and let you know what I think.

Please do, i like to hear unbiased feedback. Sometimes the mfg get too involved with reviews like on autogeek. You are right about what Hydro2 has done to the game, I hope the rest of 2015 is just as good!

RC-5.0

Established Member

Thanks.. I don't care if it is only 3 months as long as it DOES work and it's easy to use. The 4-6 months is a stretch IMO for any product.
RC

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Per AdamsForums, they're thinking the average durability is 2 months for H2O Guard. I'm thinking this is better suited as a sealant booster and not as a base sealant on bare metal. I'll continue to use my other sealants first, then H2OG for boosters during the year.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Per AdamsForums, they're thinking the average durability is 2 months for H2O Guard. I'm thinking this is better suited as a sealant booster and not as a base sealant on bare metal. I'll continue to use my other sealants first, then H2OG for boosters during the year.

Hmm maybe as a drying aid???? Has some potential...

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I'm going to call it what it is. Mirroring Garry Dean's Juice Boost product, that's what. You guys go ahead and pay 15 bucks for one spray bottle, lol. Here's the link to Garry's YouTube video a year ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWTWe5bKDWk

Edit* I'm sorry, 20 bucks per spray bottle...

Nope, not the same. There is a whole new era of water "activated" products just hitting the market within the last few months. Permanon and CarPro are the industry leaders, but now Adams and C.A.R. are offering the water activated type products. While I applaud Garry for his washing methods and detailing products, unless he is aligned with some groundbreaking chemist the comparison is not valid.

As far as this Adams product goes, it could be a game changer as a drying aid.

UncleDan

Established Member
Nope, not the same. There is a whole new era of water "activated" products just hitting the market within the last few months. Permanon and CarPro are the industry leaders, but now Adams and C.A.R. are offering the water activated type products. While I applaud Garry for his washing methods and detailing products, unless he is aligned with some groundbreaking chemist the comparison is not valid.

As far as this Adams product goes, it could be a game changer as a drying aid.

It's almost the exact same principal and method as Garry's product. "Coming up with new ways to make car care easier" as they say in the video is certainly a stretch, seeing how they didn't come up with it.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
It's almost the exact same principal and method as Garry's product. "Coming up with new ways to make car care easier" as they say in the video is certainly a stretch, seeing how they didn't come up with it.

Here is Hydro2 in action. Detail Juice is not the same chemical.
[video]https://youtu.be/LrTLqId3z_Q[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread