This Mustang Chases Porsches for a Living | Jay Leno's Garage

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Fairfax County Virginia had those.

Me and some buddies ( Me driving) on I 95 and the guy sitting in the middle turns on my large rotating amber lights in the pickup, as we tool down the highway. Well.. this got the officers attention and started following us at 1AM. I got nervous so took the next exit. Now he had the interior dome light on and I could make out his brim hat in my rearview. I drove cautiously and just took a random turn into a old neighborhood. He still followed so I just pulled into a random driveway and all of us jumped out like we lived there. I walked towards the officer as he blocked the driveway and my buddies approached the house. Just as I finished talking with the officer explaining the mistake of the amber light......the porch light comes on at the random house I picked as home. The officer took off and we hauled ass. Yes, some off most of us were inebriated. Good ol days.

MFE

Established Member
It was all fun and games til Office Polackowski said the fuel injected ones (87-93) would do 160 mph, even 180 given enough open road. Yeah, maybe being chased by a tornado 20 feet behind it. I didn't hear mention that Ford had so many problems with the floorpans cracking on those 82 CHP cars that they changed the design for later models.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cool video. Anyone remember the late '80s 5.0 Mustang cop cars? I remember the CT State Police had a few back in the day. They were notorious!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It was all fun and games til Office Polackowski said the fuel injected ones (87-93) would do 160 mph, even 180 given enough open road. Yeah, maybe being chased by a tornado 20 feet behind it. I didn't hear mention that Ford had so many problems with the floorpans cracking on those 82 CHP cars that they changed the design for later models.

Yeah, that claim was nuts.

Zemedici

Established Member
my dad had a old police trooper fox too, with the steel wheels on it.

He would come flying into his apartment complex at like 1am, and swing it sideways, and watch the people scatter. hahahaha

Jay always has some cool rides.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They were definitely to be respected/feared on the roads and highways back then. Remember that the vast majority of cars back then were, well, dogs speed wise.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My first car was a '87 5.0 LX Hatchback. It was great at night, because at the time CHP also used 5.0s, and people would pull out of the way if you came up behind them on the freeway in that car.

Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread