This is who to blame for HIGH vehicle prices and LOW inventory

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wall Street Journal said:
Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said she is looking for ways to help auto makers amid a global semiconductor shortage but won’t give priority to them over other chip users, as the industry presses the Biden administration for assistance. Ms. Raimondo—who held meetings Thursday with about three dozen stakeholders, including executives from Ford Motor Co. and General Motors as well as technology companies and chip suppliers—said in an interview that there are no easy solutions to the problem that has caused a major American industry to halt assembly lines.

WSJ

Raimondo_IGT_Hearings_2019.png

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Automotive accounts for about 3% of TSMC's volume. Pretty small

At this point it would make more sense for the Automotive manufacturers of the world to join forces and create their own production. Or move to intel/ARM based chipsets. TSMC is not going to help Ford, GM, or anyone being that small of a market. Comparatively speaking, TSMC will service AMD, Nvidia, Apple, etc well before Ford gets one chip

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Automotive accounts for about 3% of TSMC's volume. Pretty small

At this point it would make more sense for the Automotive manufacturers of the world to join forces and create their own production. Or move to intel/ARM based chipsets. TSMC is not going to help Ford, GM, or anyone being that small of a market. Comparatively speaking, TSMC will service AMD, Nvidia, Apple, etc well before Ford gets one chip
Even if that were to happen and it was implemented right this second, it still takes 6 months to produce a microchip. The automakers will still mostly produce high margin vehicles and lower margin vehicles will be on pause(like the Camaro)

noco5.0

Established Member
Not sure we want the government getting involved at all. Seems like a private sector issue that the auto manufacturers could resolve. Sometimes you have to pay the price for outsourcing this type of manufacturing.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
So when the government/govt official doesn't intervene in a private issue they are to blame?

Anything and everything now has some sort of "chip" in it. There was a huge spike in computer based chips too which were more profitable for chip manufacturers. 5G equipment needs newer chips as well.

Some of the chip manufactures also closed down last year and experienced a huge backlog.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My god that person looks like they have never had a day of fun in there life EVER and does not want anyone else to.
You just described a libtard. LOL

Liberals have a self loathing that they want to implement on everyone else. They hate their lives and they way they look and live, so they want everyone else to be miserable as they are. Hence why they want the government to control their every aspect of life.
It's a mental disorder.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I work with a lot of people from Rhode Island and they say they can't stand that ****.

SRS

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Ummm...didn't auto makes do this to themselves and us? They misjudged the affect the pandemic would have on new car buyers and they shit the bed by canceling a bunch of their scheduled orders.

This is the perfect time for auto manufacturer's to decide if they'd rather sit on extra inventory or deal with a shortage for the next time they are faced with a similar decision on canceling orders from their suppliers or not.

Established Member
Some people just have the look where you can almost bet that regardless of what you ask, the answer is no. If I was looking for yes, I'd be talking to the one in the back. If I knew my entire business was at the mercy of one manufacturer in Taiwan who could give two shits about my business, I'd have already remedied that issue. Now if the issue was "created", not real, thats a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread