this has disaster written all over it

Polar Bear

Established Member
I have never seen that before. I mean, I've always heard that could happen, but never seen it. I bet that chick in the vid will never be the same again while pumping gas

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
why didnt the gas in the tank catch?
Have you e'er lit a candle and then put a cup o'er the flame. The flame goes out. Same thing is supposed to happen with a gas tank. At the top of the filler tube you should have a metal tab that blocks the hole going down and when this is closed its cutting off the oxygen to the tank, kind of like a seal. And of course fire needs oxygen to burn.

Lomancobra

Established Member
i guess so, it just seemed like there was plenty of opportunity for the flame to careen down into the tank, especially when she first touched it and was pulling it out. I guess its just by chance if it will all go up or not during that split second.

Either way, I think this thread deserves a few of these smilies:
:burn: :burn: :burn:

tumm37

Established Member
is this why gas station attendants where rubber gloves?

also anyone ever see the fire extinguishers go off at a gas station? looks like winter if isnt already at the time

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
That girl was cute, but dumb, in a cute kind of way.

Her sweater, along with getting off the car is what charged it. You gotta hand it to her, she stayed there and did the right thing. She immediately pulled the nozzle out and attempted to put it out. If it were me, I would have shit my pants, then ran away lol.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
You're not suppose to pull the nozzle out if it catches fire.At least thats what it says on every disclaimer I've ever seen at a gas station.It was funny when she tried to 'rub' it out on the pavement.Obviously the bitch didnt pass 8th grade science class.Could have been WAY worse.

stevieb

Established Member
Originally posted by Coiled-up-GT
That girl was cute, but dumb, in a cute kind of way.

You gotta hand it to her, she stayed there and did the right thing. She immediately pulled the nozzle out and attempted to put it out. If it were me, I would have shit my pants, then ran away lol.
She did the WRONG thing! She should have left the nozzle in there. If the nozzle was on lock she would have fried herself. I saw a video on the news sometime ago and some woman did the same thing, only the trigger was locked on and as soon as she pulled it out the gas splashed all over her and she burned to death.
Has anyone ever noticed emergency fuel shut off switches on the islands by the pump? Hit that, instant fuel flow shut off. The attendant could do it from inside also. Glad she made out ok though. Leave it to a blonde!

Users who are viewing this thread