This guy is a psychopath

Adower

Established Member

I lived less than a 5 minute drive from this guy 13 years ago while going to college. What a reality check. One day he will face his maker.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SICK psychopath. Wow! Hard to listen to what he did to those women.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
It is crazy how they solved this one.

Yeah, that's a new one for me too.... very clever detective work. Ironically, I just received my ancestryDNA test kit yesterday, LOL. :rolleyes:

-

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Cliff notes please

shortest possible version:

took dna from a crime scene, ran it through these at-home dna test databases - hit on a relative of his that had done one. They used that and went through the guy's family tree until they found a match for their profile. They followed him around and took dna off a cigarette he tossed and it was a match to the crime scene

Adower

Established Member
Cliff notes please
Basically this guy was a serial killer/rapist. Case went cold for 40+ years until one of his family members did a ancestry dna test. They were able to track the dna back and get 5 suspects. Police watch him for a little bit and then used a empty garbage truck to take his garbage can and pulled a item from it to match his dna to the cases 40+ years ago.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Why, you trying to hide some skeletons or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With the DNA they identified several suspects, how would you feel if you were one of those suspects??? Now imagine the world of hurt something like that can put you in even IF you are innocent. And that is just one instance of what can be done with someone else's DNA without their consent, sending your own DNA to a place like that is like uploading pictures to the internet. Once its out there its there forever and you have zero control on what it can be used for.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Just 1 more reason I'm not giving my DNA to some online ancestry company.

doesn't matter, one of this guy's relatives did it, that's where they hit the really close match and started looking. If someone close enough on the family tree does it they basically have you too

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
With the DNA they identified several suspects, how would you feel if you were one of those suspects??? Now imagine the world of hurt something like that can put you in even IF you are innocent. And that is just one instance of what can be done with someone else's DNA without their consent, sending your own DNA to a place like that is like uploading pictures to the internet. Once its out there its there forever and you have zero control on what it can be used for.

Maybe I’m not thinking enough into it, but it seems like a simple DNA sample would clear your name given that situation. You’re only a suspect meaning someone close to your dna (a relative) matched the crime.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe I’m not thinking enough into it, but it seems like a simple DNA sample would clear your name given that situation. You’re only a suspect meaning someone close to your dna (a relative) matched the crime.

I can imagine scenarios were either carelessness or an intentional leak puts your name out there as a suspect/person of interest in a horrific crime, good luck clearing that up and it not following you around for a long ass time.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just 1 more reason I'm not giving my DNA to some online ancestry company.

Is there something you want to tell us about how you spend your free time?

j/k

Its not just you tho. Anyone with your DNA that outs in to database can trap you.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Reminds me when I was a kid (long time ago in the 70’s), parents took us to FBI headquarters for a tour while on vacation. Thought it would be fun to get fingerprinted. I am sure they still have that on file! Thankfully I have been a law abiding citizen aside from an occasional departure from the speed limit.

VegasMichael

Established Member
He was dormant for over 30 years after his last attack. Strange how all of a sudden he just stopped raping and killing.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
There was a murder of a young girl from the mid 80s in our area (Didn’t move here until ‘98) that went unsolved for 30+ years until the same method was used to locate a suspect last year.

Police gathered DNA and when it matched they went to his home.

The police asked if he knew why they were there and he said, “Yes, April Tinsley.”

Dude lived and worked in the area for 30 years after the murder. Stuff is bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread