This GT500 is in the shop for one of our coilover kits!

BLKFOX

Established Member
This monster is being built for the 1/2 mile shootout events and something that will be fun to cruise out on the curvy roads. At the moment, the current mod list is short as it only has 5,300 miles on it... however, it does already have a 2.9 Whipple and Borla exhaust installed. Not a bad starting point! We're making some alterations to that list tomorrow morning though.

It will be leaving with our rebound adjustable coilovers to help control the bounce that he's been experiencing at high speeds and some new 6 piston brakes from Baer.

I attached a couple of pictures showing the stock ride height. I'll get some pictures with the coilovers installed and post them when it's all done!

GT500.JPG

GT500(3).JPG

GT500(2).JPG

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Good lookin' Shelby there ;) can't wait to see it on the new suspension. Are the 6 pistons gonna fit the stock wheels?

BLKFOX

Established Member
Good lookin' Shelby there ;) can't wait to see it on the new suspension. Are the 6 pistons gonna fit the stock wheels?

The color is one of my favorite parts about it! It's finished up and I'll post pictures on here today. It looks SO much better with the new stance!

The customer decided that he's going to install the brakes (they didn't come in on time) so I don't have them on the car yet. When we ordered them, we took the template from Baer and measured everything out. It looks like they should fit in there with no issues, tight but they'll work.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Looks great. How much was the drop in front and back?
Thanks! It's right at 2".
Can you share spring rates, if you don't mind.
Front springs are 325lbs and rears are 225lbs.
Looks like a tight fit on the rear. What is the widest wheel/tire combo that fits?
It's not as tight as it looks. Here's a shot from the inside. He's got a little room to go before he's maxed out up by the tire.
rearshock.JPG

Stock size appears to be the limit.
These are 285/35-19's and he could go wider with no issues. The shock/spring combo sit right inside of the wheel. It all depends on the backspacing.

Users who are viewing this thread