This board is kinda dead unless I'm trying to put something together.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Yeah Big D's picnic was so awesome everyone wants another one pronto!! You should come down bro!!:beer:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
:sniff:

Smells like something's cookin'

Haha, you guys are great.

Okay here's what's cooking:

I was thinking of doing a mini Crandon Park event (for SVTPerformance members only). But I decided against that. Until I can get financial backing from some sponsors, Crandon Park will remain a once a year deal (Hint: Have your calendar clear for Feb. 26-27, 2005). It's just too expensive and time demanding, and did I mention expensive? Haha. Honestly guys, if it was up to me, I'd do Crandon Park 2 to 4 times a year. Unfortunately, my college salary (haha) doesn't allow me. When I graduate and get a real job, whatch out though. Sponsors or no sponsor, Crandon Park be commin'...

Regardless, I wanted to do something different from the get-go for this "event."

So here is my new plan:

Road Trip!

Miami, FL to Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach, FL to Orlando, FL
Orlando, FL to St. Petersburg, FL
St. Petersburg, FL to Miami, FL

This will be a two day event. A weekend, of course. Think of it as some good ol' quality bonding time between you, your car, and fellow car nuts such as yourself.

The first leg of the trip will be from Miami to Daytona Beach to Orlando. We will rest overnight at Orlando. I'll try my best to get us a discount at a hotel.
The second leg will be from Orlando to St. Petersburg and back to Miami.

Should be a blast of a drive. No pun intended (no really, I can't afford to get a ticket, haha).

Now, the beautiful part about my event (for the lazy one's out there) is that you can choose to do the entire trip, the entire trip beginning from where you live, or just one section.

For example: Let's say you live in Port St. Lucie. You can join the stampede from Port St. Lucie and drive with us up to Orlando (or anywhere you want to) and then return by yourself to Port St. Lucie. Or you could start at Port St. Lucie and go all the way around. See where I'm going with this?

Anyway, this is all preliminary for now so let me know what you guys think. I'm always open to suggestions.

Let me go back to figuring out what I'm going to call this event.....

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Dude for the price of gas everyone will spend, hotel and tickets are you sure that's what you want to do. Besides Ben will pay for pretty much everything. By the way love bug season is coming. Well either way I'm game!! On a serious note PM me some costs of holding a small picnic and I'm sure we can come up with the coin. Maybe we can hold a car wash.:-D Or we can put Ben out on 79th St. I think the road trip would be cool for others who are in different parts of the state like Billy.

GoatDaddy

that sounds really cool, D.

I don't know if my 67 would hold up on a road trip with all you speed racers. maybe I could ride with greg, and he and I could share the cost of a hotel room bed??

as far as a smaller scale bbq goes, I'm def down with that, and I'd be willing to chip in a little coin above the cost of my entry fee just for the cause (and for a little oral compensation, of course).

BTW, I got my whole shizzle setup on order for the 67. Baer 4 wheel discs, AR TT IIs, Nitto NT555s, more suspension stuff, etc. Greg is already in for the install (I think). You down??

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator

Smells like something's cookin'

Haha, you guys are great.

Okay here's what's cooking:

I was thinking of doing a mini Crandon Park event (for SVTPerformance members only). But I decided against that. Until I can get financial backing from some sponsors, Crandon Park will remain a once a year deal (Hint: Have your calendar clear for Feb. 26-27, 2005). It's just too expensive and time demanding, and did I mention expensive? Haha. Honestly guys, if it was up to me, I'd do Crandon Park 2 to 4 times a year. Unfortunately, my college salary (haha) doesn't allow me. When I graduate and get a real job, whatch out though. Sponsors or no sponsor, Crandon Park be commin'...

Regardless, I wanted to do something different from the get-go for this "event."

So here is my new plan:

Road Trip!

Miami, FL to Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach, FL to Orlando, FL
Orlando, FL to St. Petersburg, FL
St. Petersburg, FL to Miami, FL

This will be a two day event. A weekend, of course. Think of it as some good ol' quality bonding time between you, your car, and fellow car nuts such as yourself.

The first leg of the trip will be from Miami to Daytona Beach to Orlando. We will rest overnight at Orlando. I'll try my best to get us a discount at a hotel.
The second leg will be from Orlando to St. Petersburg and back to Miami.

Should be a blast of a drive. No pun intended (no really, I can't afford to get a ticket, haha).

Now, the beautiful part about my event (for the lazy one's out there) is that you can choose to do the entire trip, the entire trip beginning from where you live, or just one section.

For example: Let's say you live in Port St. Lucie. You can join the stampede from Port St. Lucie and drive with us up to Orlando (or anywhere you want to) and then return by yourself to Port St. Lucie. Or you could start at Port St. Lucie and go all the way around. See where I'm going with this?

Anyway, this is all preliminary for now so let me know what you guys think. I'm always open to suggestions.

Let me go back to figuring out what I'm going to call this event.....
maybe i can get a discount or 2 on a sleazy hotel in o town. i am def in on dis chit :beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
aww, hell. we got all the bitches up in here...even Jetta Man. Hey Adam. done with training?

Sure am!!!

Back in Tampa and working hard:D

Users who are viewing this thread