Thinking of trading 03 Cobra for 06 Z06

jblood37

Established Member
I've put a lot of time and money into my car and love it. Correctly has 85k miles or so. Mods are in sig, but major mods are 2.9 Whipple tuned on E85. It makes 730 hp to the wheels. Currently looking at a 29k mile Z with a ton of mods that's already had the head work done and has a Vortec supercharger making a little over 600 hp on a very conservative tune. I'd love to hear opinions from people who have owned both.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
Always liked the Z. I guess just see if that setup fetches the same money your car would.

I imagine it would easily so if you want a change, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jblood37

Established Member
Always liked the Z. I guess just see if that setup fetches the same money your car would.

I imagine it would easily so if you want a change, go for it.

My car should sell fast yes. I think at this point I'm looking for a more refined car that still makes a shit load of power when I want. I don't want a dyno queen though.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Heads have been done already. New valves, etc.

You should be good to go then. If you get it, you may not even want to increase the HP. They are just an all out great drivers car.

jblood37

Established Member
You should be good to go then. If you get it, you may not even want to increase the HP. They are just an all out great drivers car.
I honestly wouldn't do much. I seriously don't want a dyno queen. These cars seem to be phenomenal all around.

jblood37

Established Member
I think ya gotta go drive it man. Only way to know for sure.

And it must be very conservative cause they can do like 580 with h/c/I if I recall.

Yeah that's my thoughts. It's on 4.5 psi currently. I'm not sure it's been cammed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My son-in-law used to own an '06 Z, but it was bone stock. It was a very different car to drive compared to my '03 modded Cobra. It boils down to which is more appealing to you at this point. Driving both, and comparing, will definitely help you decide. What color is the Z you're looking at?

jblood37

Established Member
My son-in-law used to own an '06 Z, but it was bone stock. It was a very different car to drive compared to my '03 modded Cobra. It boils down to which is more appealing to you at this point. Driving both, and comparing, will definitely help you decide. What color is the Z you're looking at?
I just think I'm ready for something more refined that still makes great power. The rattling of the Cobra and shitty seat and shifter position are getting on my nerves. It's red.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't have the heart to sell my 04 over the winter otherwise I was going to do this exact thing. I'm emotionally attached to this damn car lol
but if I wasn't I'd buy a Z in a heartbeat

jblood37

Established Member
I didn't have the heart to sell my 04 over the winter otherwise I was going to do this exact thing. I'm emotionally attached to this damn car lol
but if I wasn't I'd buy a Z in a heartbeat
I don't get emotionally attached to inanimate objects thank God. Hahaha.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
I traded my mint 03 for a twin turbo C5 Z06 a few years ago. Definitely a different feeling driving the Z06. It was a nice car......handled great, drove well, quiet inside, but I regretted trading my Cobra not long after. Sold the Z06 and I'm back in another 03. That's a tough call with it being a C6Z with 29k. At this point I'm sure the Z06 blue books for more then the Cobra, but in the long run I would think the Cobra would hold its value better.

jblood37

Established Member
I traded my mint 03 for a twin turbo C5 Z06 a few years ago. Definitely a different feeling driving the Z06. It was a nice car......handled great, drove well, quiet inside, but I regretted trading my Cobra not long after. Sold the Z06 and I'm back in another 03. That's a tough call with it being a C6Z with 29k. At this point I'm sure the Z06 blue books for more then the Cobra, but in the long run I would think the Cobra would hold its value better.
Honestly not too worried about holding value. I definitely wouldn't get rid of this car for a c5, but the c6 wide body is my absolute favorite body style.

Users who are viewing this thread