thinking of selling my '87 t-top fox

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
and i need to know a ballpark figure on what you guys think its worth

here are the specs on the car, i bought it bone stock in 1998 with 75k miles

current motor has 15k miles on it, and was installed in 2000--i barely drive this car
--stock shortblock, mildly ported gt40-p heads, gt40 tubular intake, 70mm t-body, 24lb injectors, mass air conversion, e303 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, longtubes, hpipe, flowmasters, 150lph pump. smog/ac eliminated
---tremec transmission with 15k miles, hurst shifter, cobra clutch, 3.73's, aluminum driveshaft, cobra-r wheels, subframes, bbk lowering springs

the body is in pretty good shape--body has around 115k miles on it, just a few areas where there is very mild surface rust that has been sanded and touched up. interior is cloth gray, and is in great shape, aside from needing a new headliner. t-tops do not leak.

the car could use a tune, or a new mass air sensor--the pro-m unit that's on there now has known issues. it runs perfect once heated up, but has to heat up, or it runs like crap until its warm. idles just fine, etc etc.

just wondering what people think the car is worth. it kills me to sell this thing--i don't need the money, but the car just sits--i don't have time to do what i'd really like to do with this car (turbo, full suspension, etc)--and i'm just more interested in my other cars

here are some pics

s3500002ip1.jpg

s3500001bz7.jpg

s3500003rh4.jpg

s3500004yj2.jpg
[/

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I got almost 4k out of my fox that wasn't as nice, with a little more motor and mods. So, i'd say 6k isnt unreasonable.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
trade you a set of wheels for it! :thumbsup:

seriously though, that car is CLEAN as hell! :beer:

stangposse

Established Member
I would not let that go for less than $7k if you are not in a big hurry. I was looking for a T-Top fox last week and their aren't many to choose from.

4valvemach

Established Member
I would start at 7k not everyone wants a race car some people like the cars that are not seen to much.

LIKE A T-TOP fox :rockon:

Nice car and yours makes the 3rd T-top Ive ever seen.

buddha93

Established Member
I would not let that go for less than $7k if you are not in a big hurry. I was looking for a T-Top fox last week and their aren't many to choose from.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. Was it an ultra rare build; no. But it does look like a very solid car and those are hard to come by anymore, let alone a t-top car. Most of them have been beat to death by upteen million 16year old kids. That car looks clean enough to demand a premium........too bad it's not bone stock.

I don't think it's worth $7k personally, but I'd start there and see where it goes.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
thanks for the info guys. not sure if i want to sell it. i just don't see myself using it that much--i just have too many cars, and plan on getting a vette this summer. it would suck to sell my first car that i've put so much time into. not sure on the tremec model (embarassing, as i'm the one who bought it, and installed it 10 yrs ago). its the model below the tko---maybe 3550??

Silver03Termi

Established Member
t-tops and verts are acutally worth less when it comes to foxes because people want to gut them and go racing.

^^^not true. some people want a T-top car...not a race car. id LOVE to have this. OP, you interested in a trade for a street bike? 2005 R1. LOTS OF GO FAST GOODIES

l_32fbb1b730ca4db9ae6d69403193c2aa.jpg

l_58c7a3a437474026b3af204d9992a970.jpg

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
t-tops and verts are acutally worth less when it comes to foxes because people want to gut them and go racing.

yeah, everyone plans to do that. Do you go on any other websites other than svtp. there is life outside of drag racing and the number of people that own foxbody stangs or is a fan of them just for cruising purposes far exceed the amount of people that go drag racing.:rollseyes

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I see you have Ohio and Tampa on your location.....I assume you might travel.....If you do you proably come right through NC on Interstate 77.....I would give $6k for it on your ride by............LMK...........

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
wish my 87gt had t-tops.
if u ever total it..let me know and i'll buy the roof off of it.

anyone think its possible to weld a t-top roof on a regular gt? there was a ttop roof on ebay once.. so i guess ppl do it. i havent seen once since. i can get convertible doors from a junkyard real cheap to work with the t-tops.

Users who are viewing this thread