thinking of running e85

mustangmike01

Established Member
I was thinking of running E85 in my set up I have now. I know I can't get anymore boost out of the eaton, mods in sign, 2.8, 4lb comb, 60 injectors, -8 line two gt pumps two fm and wiring upgrade. There is no timing in the tune either, something like 16 and my fuel system was only working at like 15 to 18% on 93 so I know the fuel system will handle it. Would I see a lot more power or no? Would I need to do anything else to run e85?

Thanks

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
...I use to run a similar set-up with my old POSI Ported Eaton / 2.76", 4# Lower, GT Supercar Pumps (with KB BAP), 60# injectors, etc. .... with the stock fuel lines/rails

60# injectors will be around 90% DC with a ported Eaton & E85 ... may want to consider a BAP as well

IMHO E85 is a great option....I made 549/570 on the dyno and ran 10.8 at 133 with my E85 set-up!! :)

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Well, Tim is spot on. I run a BAP with the twin GT pumps and 80lb injectors instead of 60s. Car made 552/575 and has run 10.76 with a best trap speed of 131.76. I'd say E-85 without a second thought.

mustangmike01

Established Member
Hmm I was not thinking that. Good thing I asked. Ok

Well my plan is to get some id 1000cc injectors in the future and a vmp sc with the gt500 tb with the inlet and keep my 4lb and run 3.2 upper on 93 oct and 3.0 on e85:burnout:.

I'm still looking into this, but if all I need is the id 1000cc to run the vmp sc on e85. I'll just get the injectors now and run the e85 on my eaton.

I was ever a real fan of a BAP.

Or do I need new rails/and or a return fuel system?

Hope not becasuse a just spent a lot of money on a full return fuel system for my sti:lol:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Hmm I was not thinking that. Good thing I asked. Ok

Well my plan is to get some id 1000cc injectors in the future and a vmp sc with the gt500 tb with the inlet and keep my 4lb and run 3.2 upper on 93 oct and 3.0 on e85:burnout:.

I'm still looking into this, but if all I need is the id 1000cc to run the vmp sc on e85. I'll just get the injectors now and run the e85 on my eaton.

I was ever a real fan of a BAP.

Or do I need new rails/and or a return fuel system?

Hope not becasuse a just spent a lot of money on a full return fuel system for my sti:lol:

I would personally go return on the TVS. The GT pumps and a BAP might not be enough for that setup. I think there a few guys running ~700 wheel on E-85 with that setup, but I'm not positive.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Personally, if you're considering a TVS with E85 .... I'd just save your money and get a return style fuel system!! I ended up going with a Glenn's Performance Return Style fuel system when I put on the TVS this past summer!!

Numbers in my sig :D

mustangmike01

Established Member
ok thanks guys

Hows that on the street?

well my gen 1 fuel hat dose not work with a return system:(

So I would need to start all over with the fuel system. I'm thinking I have two options. Well looking at lethal anyway. I think instend of buidling my own again. I'll do it right with one of those whole kits.

Option one get the lp 1400rwhp return fuel system. that's 2k and comes with everything I need. It dose not come with injectors though. With this system can I use my 60lb and how much power will it handle? or just get the id 1000cc with this system and be done with it. So that's like 3k.

Or get the lp budget return fuel system with the dual walbro 465lph, thats the same pumps that come with the 1400 kit. this option is 1300 plus id 1000cc $2300.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the fuel pressure regulator in that budget kit may be a bottle neck at some point on E85, Id double check that part of it and what your options are to upgrade down the line..thats why I just went with the 1000hp kit

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
ok thanks guys

Hows that on the street?

well my gen 1 fuel hat dose not work with a return system:(

So I would need to start all over with the fuel system. I'm thinking I have two options. Well looking at lethal anyway. I think instend of buidling my own again. I'll do it right with one of those whole kits.

Option one get the lp 1400rwhp return fuel system. that's 2k and comes with everything I need. It dose not come with injectors though. With this system can I use my 60lb and how much power will it handle? or just get the id 1000cc with this system and be done with it. So that's like 3k.

Or get the lp budget return fuel system with the dual walbro 465lph, thats the same pumps that come with the 1400 kit. this option is 1300 plus id 1000cc $2300.

The Cobra is a Blast on the streets :burnout:

I went with the "good" fuel system....something about "budget" and 700+ HP that just don't add up to me personally!!!

Here's my set-up from Glenn's Glenn's Performance

... I believe the price would actually be less if you're stock fuel tank & sending unit!

I'm now also running the ID-1000 injectors .... real nice product!!

mustangmike01

Established Member
what kind of power are you putting down with the 1000hp kit?

What kind of numbers did she put down on 93 oct?

Yep I'm starting to get the same thought here, budget to be is cheap and not a good thing.

So that kit you have comes with a new tank and everything for the same price at lp kit?

my car is a gt but back when I did the swap, I put in a cobra fuel tank. my only problem i have is the gauge dose not ready right at all. it's a guess. I alway get a ckeck engine light saying the ecu can't read the sending unit in the tank, so i had my tuner turn that off. so i can pass inspection:lol:

Yep the id injectors are nice. just put the new id 1300cc in my sti with a return fuel system 3k. a lot smother and so on. when you can spin all 4 tires throw first and spin them when you shift into second. that's fun:burnout: well not as fun as the mustang;-)

now i just need to find a really good tuner to tune my mustang.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
^^^ 754 rwhp / 701 rwtq on E85 .... my 93 tune is for winter storage only - on a low timing tune (between 8 deg. and 14 deg. thru the tune) I put down 648 / 625 ... Once again, 93 was really not a concern for me.... :)

Go see Pete at Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH

mustangmike01

Established Member
ok that's crazy numbers with that low timming:banana:

Tim I have hard of him, that's like a 4 1/2 ride for me.

How did you get the car to him? Did you drive it up with a base tune or trailer?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Pete's a great tuner ... he sent me a base tune to start the car / but I always trailer the car :)

Pic at his shop
20131005_140833.jpg

BMR Tech

FWIW, a friend of mine is making 740rwhp on E85 with the Lethal Budget System, with stock rails. Been running the car for 2 years.

I have the same system, and am also about to run E85. I plan on being in the 700rwhp range.

I upgraded the factory feed line with a -8 PTFE this week, as well as changed the -6 standard Fragola line to the PTFE. So the only budget item for my set-up is the stock rail. The hat, 465's, lines, fittings, filter, etc are all far from "budget" pieces. They are actually some of the nicest parts you can buy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread