Thinking of moving to Denver, CO area...

nxhappy

Established Member
That's what I have heard, haven't made it there yet, SD is about the only place in CA I really care to visit outside some of the parks, etc.
WTF man ! pretty sure DEN has direct flights to SAN. You should check it out. Awesome time to visit right now.

nxhappy

Established Member
I know, I know. Buddy from there and I have talked. Friend of his does fishing trips, so might pay him in fuel and beer to do some deep water fishing.
you ready for some deep sea fishing? Hope you've been a few times LOL. The pacific is a bitch. really really good fishing though. Worth it for sure.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
you ready for some deep sea fishing? Hope you've been a few times LOL. The pacific is a bitch. really really good fishing though. Worth it for sure.
I've done zero, but up for the fight, and the two of them have done a ton. Worst case, just drink more for added fight, lol.

nxhappy

Established Member
I've done zero, but up for the fight, and the two of them have done a ton. Worst case, just drink more for added fight, lol.
oh jesus lol ...take 3 dramamine and have a good breakfast ...hahaha

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
LOL yea....I know CA blows. Gotta say I love SD. Really ****ing expensive though.
San Diego is about the only reason Id go back to vacation. Camping on the Silver Strand or in stay Carlsbad etc. Definitely left because cost was soaring. And I had a really good and reasonable landlord too.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
My wife lived in the Denver area and just moved here to SoCal. In the year and a half that I would go back and forth every month, I got to know the area somewhat. Personally I didn’t like the Denver area very much and the housing cost were very similar to California! Downtown seemed to have quite the homeless population going on as well. Tickets to the Rockies games were dirt cheap tho! We sat right behind first base dugout field level for like $20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nxhappy

Established Member
My wife lived in the Denver area and just moved here to SoCal. In the year and a half that I would go back and forth every month, I got to know the area somewhat. Personally I didn’t like the Denver area very much and the housing cost were very similar to California! Downtown seemed to have quite the homeless population going on as well. Tickets to the Rockies games were dirt cheap tho! We sat right behind first base dugout field level for like $20 bucks.

damn, sorry to hear you moved to CA lol.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Not really.. theyre almost one in the same.. Denver area and SoCal.

At least in SoCal you have some kick ass beaches and sand dunes..... along with closer to sea-level drag racing.

Lived in San Diego for 6 years. Quickly learned that people tend to be either beach people or mountain people. Me personally, I just DGAF about beach access.

Living costs are not anywhere close to as expensive in Denver as in San Diego. I moved back to Denver and tripled my lifestyle with the same income. Yes, part of that was cutting my marginal state tax rate in half. The rest was paying half as much for double the house.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lived in San Diego for 6 years. Quickly learned that people tend to be either beach people or mountain people. Me personally, I just DGAF about beach access.

Living costs are not anywhere close to as expensive in Denver as in San Diego. I moved back to Denver and tripled my lifestyle with the same income. Yes, part of that was cutting my marginal state tax rate in half. The rest was paying half as much for double the house.

Fair enough... but i was more referring to the politics, bum population, drug infestation... etc etc.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Fair enough... but i was more referring to the politics, bum population, drug infestation... etc etc.

Politics went hard left as a reaction to Trump. His politics don't play well here. It's not as bad as CA but it is definitely a different state, politically, then when I moved here in 2005.

Every major city has a bum problem. Ours is worse with the young 'tards who moved here for weed (and now mushrooms, apparently).

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Politics went hard left as a reaction to Trump. His politics don't play well here. It's not as bad as CA but it is definitely a different state, politically, then when I moved here in 2005.

Every major city has a bum problem. Ours is worse with the young 'tards who moved here for weed (and now mushrooms, apparently).
It's been steadily going more left since 08 when it turned purple, then blue. After 16' they went all in, Polis being a prime example. Guy won on the platform of I'm gay/free stuff. Not to mention being a sanctuary city.

Homeless keeps getting worse with pushing for safe injection sites, street camping, and rampant panhandling with no punishment.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
damn, sorry to hear you moved to CA lol.

I’ve been here since 2005. I grew up in Washington state (where I met the wife in HS). Long story short, she ended up in Denver and we reconnected and hit the ground running. My career keeps me here in California. I moved here to go to school (UTI) then landed a job I couldn’t turn down and I’ve been here ever since. It’s a blessing and a curse all in the same.

nxhappy

Established Member
I’ve been here since 2005. I grew up in Washington state (where I met the wife in HS). Long story short, she ended up in Denver and we reconnected and hit the ground running. My career keeps me here in California. I moved here to go to school (UTI) then landed a job I couldn’t turn down and I’ve been here ever since. It’s a blessing and a curse all in the same.

yep, my business is here too. Basically my reason for staying/being stuck.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
yep, my business is here too. Basically my reason for staying/being stuck.

Thats exactly how I feel. Between growing up in Wa and having my brother in Tx and being forced to stay in Ca, I feel stuck. I can tell you this right now, I won’t retire here in Ca. It will be anywhere outside of here and not Colorado either lol. Only 23 short years to go...

Users who are viewing this thread