Thinking of moving to AZ from NJ

kelsey

Can anyone give me some personal feelings about likes/dislikes about AZ. I may move here(cave creek,scottsdale maybe) and would appreciate any opinions. Thanks all!!
Garrett

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I can give you an outsiders opinion who would eventually like to end up in the Phx or Tucson area. I get over there every chance I get. Plenty to do in either city. Phx has a team for just about every sport; Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Area Football, ASU, NHRA, Nascar, and I am sure I am forgetting something. Weather is usually nice in the winter compared to what you see. Summertime gets hot, but if you ask me, anything over 105* is just hot anyway. Roads suck worse than the ones here in NM which I never thought was possible. Both cities are really growing and you can see new houses going up in your sleep anymore. For me there is a lot more opportunity for myself and my wife in a bigger city which is why we have thought about moving out that way. It will also allow for my son to have an opportunity to see/learn/do more things as a kid than it does here. There is drawback to that too. And of course with the bigger cities you seem to have more crime, just depends on where you live I guess.
Personally I would love to be there in the next 5 years. I have always enjoyed it out there, and enjoy visiting any chance I get. You will probably get more info from the locals who actually live there. Just giving an outsiders point of view ;-)

It is a great place to live. It is getting a little crazy now that bush has canned the extra help for the border patrol....But all in all I love being able to cruz the cobra year round and the kids play outside all the time...HEHE......Anyway....You would love it after the first few years.....Hard to get used to 107 Degrees for 60 days a year! But it gets easier!

mystifiedworm

Established Member
I like it here. Moved from Lubbock, TX about 3 yrs ago. All I can say is there are tons of things to do and when it gets hot do not go outside.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Phoenix is lacking culture. You may or may not like the 70's architecture as it is prolific in the area.

The schools are the worst in the country. The job market is incredible. Cost of living is better than good. Home values are on the rise, which is good for locals but bad for people moving into the valley.

That is only the Phoenix area. You also have Tucson, Payson, Prescott, Sedona, Globe, Yuma, Flagstaff, Nogales, and a ton of other locales.

BullittSleuth

Established Member
Roads worse than NM?!?! In Tucson for sure, but Phoenix for the most part has great roads because they are all so new!

I think we have the 2nd worst schools in the country! First was Mississippi or something.

I'm a native, my dad's a native and I hope to stay that way. Not many places in the country where a 1-2hr. drive takes you from desert to Pine trees.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I don't think the roads between the NM border and Phoenix could get any worse. For the most part Phx does have pretty nice roads, but I-10 SUCKS!!!! :cuss: :cuss: My wife and I have been debating moving to AZ sometime in the furture, and she is a 2nd grade teacher right now, so it would all be dependant on what she would have to do to be certified to teach in AZ. Believe me, NM can't be far behind in the race for having the worst schools.

Chris

inteller

Established Member
i dont get it, why the worst schools in the country?

is 93 octane prolific there, or are you stuck with 91 mixed shit?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Stuck with the crappy 91. You can get 100 at some stations but it's pushing close to $5 gal or more. Same here in NM. :bash:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
inteller said:
i dont get it, why the worst schools in the country?

is 93 octane prolific there, or are you stuck with 91 mixed shit?

We have the worst schools because the teachers are paid the lowest. You also have to look at the type of children there are here. It's hard to learn when you speak spanish as a child when english is the primary language.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I loved AZ when I was out there. Lived in serria vista..A.k.a. ft. Huachuca for a lil while. Would like to go back to retire there in 40years.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
We have the worst schools because the teachers are paid the lowest. You also have to look at the type of children there are here. It's hard to learn when you speak spanish as a child when english is the primary language.

B-I-N-G-O

As for the thread starter:
Whether you like Phoenix or not largely depends on where you're moving from (duh!). And it mostly concerns the cost of living and weather where your currently at.

adeq8

Stay away! Do yourself a favor and don't move here. It's HOT and when the monsoon comes it's muggy! Did I mention the bugs? Oh yeah, and the snakes and the scorpions, oh my God, it's horrible! Tell everyone you know to stay away from Arizona!

Users who are viewing this thread