Thinking of moving to a Fox Body

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Currently own and have paid off my 07 GT500. Its a Grabber Orange car, i am the second owner. I have done all of the mods to the car myself. I love the car.

I have contemplated going back to a Notch (ive owned a couple. cleanest was an 88 Notch that was meticulous, it just could have used a new motor. burned some oil) but i would only do this if the car was built, bulletproofed, insanely clean etc.

Well there is a 93 coupe that has come on the market near me for a hefty price, but the car seems built to the 9's. makes 840whp. no accidents reported, frame off resto, interior done etc. Im having a hard time finding anything wrong with the car sight unseen.

the quick rundown:
its a Dart 427 9.5-1 comp.
procharged
t-56 magnum swap
5 lug swap
Baer breaks
Corbeau seats w complete, clean interior
return style fuel
holley super sniper EFI
Weld wheels
full MM suspension
made 840ish with a 5" pulley

Really seems like there werent many expenses spared on the build of this car.

My car is a 1320 Trinity R swapped 07 GT500 with supporting mods that made 690rwhp. Its a ton of fun, but theres some things i need to address in the immediate future, clutch...driveshaft probably alternator.

Am i stupid for wanting to go backwards 14 years in technology? Im probably answering my own question lol.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Am i stupid for wanting to go backwards 14 years in technology? I'm probably answering my own question lol.

I don't think you're stupid at all. I traded my 89GT for my 2003 Roush 380R back in 2002. I wish everyday I could go back in time and kick my @$$ before making that trade. I really wish I could undo that move. So, I get your logic/point. So, if I were you I would do it in a second.

When it comes to Mustang's my ultimate favorite body style are the 65/66. After that it is the Fox body all day long.

q6543

Established Member
Is that coupe 40k ish??

I went from a procharged 2014 5.0 back to a fox.
The car made the MOST BORING 650rwhp ever.

Foxbodies just have the "oh shxt" factor. And while it's not for everyone ...some of us need a little more danger.

Also my brother just went from a 2017 GT350R.....back to a foxbody with a windsor.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Is that coupe 40k ish??

I went from a procharged 2014 5.0 back to a fox.
The car made the MOST BORING 650rwhp ever.

Foxbodies just have the "oh shxt" factor. And while it's not for everyone ...some of us need a little more danger.

Also my brother just went from a 2017 GT350R.....back to a foxbody with a windsor.

yea thats the one. its definitely steeply priced, but i do believe its justified. to even find a fox that is rust free and doesnt have a questionable history can fetch upwards of 20k now. with all of the work added, and quality parts i believe its justified. although you dont see many foxes for that price.

id probably be more inclined to move on it if it was listed cheaper. the seller has been very up-front and has the entire history of the car, previous owners, carfax etc.

edit: its not like my car isnt fun either, the 690 she just made a few months ago with the ported blower definitely has an 'oh sh!t' factor as well. but i couldnt imagine going to a fox which is lighter with more power. scary quick

TaraFirma

Established Member
I still have my 88 GT that I got back in 92. Everything from 03 cobras, GT500's and GT350's have come and gone, but i held onto my 88GT because I knew I'd regret selling it. I recently switched from a D1SC procharger to a single turbo. Still love driving it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Foxbody mustangs is what got me into cars. I've had a few over the years, recently bought my current notch in 2019. It's not fast, only a HCI setup. I get so many thumbs up when I drive this car it's crazy.

Not so much with my 03 cobra which is probably around 700rwhp.

Something about driving in a foxbody, even if it isn't fast. I just want it to be reliable so I can drive it anywhere.

Latest pic.
IMG_20210614_204437415_HDR.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I get so many thumbs up when I drive this car it's crazy.

Not so much with my 03 cobra which is probably around 700rwhp.

Man, ain't that the truth Brady. When I see a Fox Body I'm always breaking my neck looking. When I see an 03 Cobra I'm like it's cool lol.

Even when I'm driving my 03 Cobra I don't get many looks.

I think that 93 to 94 is currently the dividing line. 93 and older people really interested. 94 and newer is hit or miss with a thumbs up lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I love my 90 GT. My dad has a 93 Cobra he's had (on and off) since 96. He used to warm my bottle up on the defrost. It's what started my and my brother's car craze.

Mine is now tore apart for resto and a 408w stroker.

My dad's has a 351w in it with around 550rwhp and it's the most terrifying thing to drive! But man is it a thrill!

All and all you wouldn't regret it!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never owned a Fox, but I know a number of guys who do own one, or have owned one. Once a Fox lover, always a Fox lover.

OP, if you want a Fox again, do it. Yeah, you're going backward technology wise from your '07 GT-500, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Well, I have owned two GT500s (13-14) and 350 and recently bought a bone stock 86 Saleen. My Raptor will blow the doors off of it and even brakes better but there is something about driving the 86 that just takes me back. It is light and nimble and simply feels great on the road. I also am loving the much lower insurance!!

Do understand that they are still old cars and dont feel and run like the new ones. The one you are after is a monster i am sure but if I were looking for fast, I would not go that route.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I see you are from Mass. I had a brief convo with someone in a Grabber Orange GT500 w/black stripes in my neighborhood while i was in my Fox a couple summers ago. Wonder if it was you?

Are you going to sell the GT500 to get into a fox or keep both? Fox bodies aren't the quickest car out there (well the one you descrive seems to be) but they do have a nice attitude that is fun to drive around with. I also find they get more attention than the newer cars, and i've owned a couple newer Mustangs. But. it's still an old car so they have their quirks such as chassis rigidity and rattles over bumps. The roads here are quite terrible as you know.

Not sure i personally can go backwards. I recently got to rip around in a 2020 GT500 and fell in love with the newer technology. Not getting rid of my Fox, but now all i can think about if getting an S550 car. I think having both makes it easy, but if i had to pick one, not sure i would give up a GT500 for a fox.

Of course, this is all personal opinion.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
OP -

The only thing you’d be going backward on would be safety, technology, and possibly ride comfort. Otherwise full send it :)

Not sure i personally can go backwards. I recently got to rip around in a 2020 GT500 and fell in love with the newer technology. Not getting rid of my Fox, but now all i can think about if getting an S550 car. I think having both makes it easy, but if i had to pick one, not sure i would give up a GT500 for a fox.

Of course, this is all personal opinion.

Sole reason why I won’t test drive a new car. I don’t want to be tempted to know what I’m missing ;)

triple-s

Established Member
Man do it I went from a bullitt with a f1A to a fox and I don't regret my decision one bit. You are going to pay a premium for a nice though but get ready for all thumbs up when you drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread