Thinking of going to Cecil County Dragway in MD tomorrow...few questions

ceh5460

Established Member
Hi everyone. Me and my buddy with a newer vw golf r are thinking of going to cecil county dragway tomorrow. It'll be my first time ever at the strip. I have a 12 mustang gt 5.0 with a 6 speed manual. My questions are:

1.) Neither of us have helmets. Do they usually have helmets anyone can rent for the evening?

2.) I have 275 Nitto 555s on the back of my car which I imagine are a lot stickier than the factory tires but what rpm should I be launching at? I have 3.55 gears also if that makes a difference.

3.) Any other tips.

Again this will be my first time and my car is essentially stock besides Roush axleback and aftermarket wheels/tires so hoping to break into the 12s by the end of the night. I've launched my car on the street numerous times (I know it's not the same as the strip but better than no experience at all) so I hope I don't make a fool of myself and get beat by my buddies R because I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it from him lol.

itSSlow98

Established Member
They do not rent helmets at cecil and they will check for helmets if you go faster then 13.50. 555s arent gonna hook very well so youll have to play with the launch.

Users who are viewing this thread