Thinking of getting a GT350

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I currently own a 2015 Mustang GT which I absolutely love. I daily it all year round, including the snow, even though I have another I could drive in the interim. I ordered my GT with the intention of it being a track car and daily, so I ordered the base GT with Recaros and the spoiler delete. I didn't opt for the performance package($4700 in Canada) simply because I felt I could use that money to buy mods. I have around 7k miles on my GT.

Ever since I saw the GT350 at the auto show, I couldn't get over how amazing it looked and what it offered equipment wise. A couple of weeks ago, I went to my local Ford dealer and started up a GT350 and I couldn't believe how loud it was stock. It was equally as loud as my Borla ATAK GT imo. I was able to coax them into letting me test drive it, but I was only able to drive it around for a few miles. Not enough to get a real impression. Initial impressions were the engine sounds great and it handled way sharper than both my GT and Laguna Seca did.

Here is the thing, I love my GT and I don't really have any real complaints about it. I will being doing an HPDE in a couple of weeks, and then every weekend after that. (I live 40min from Mosport.) I do think the GT350 will be a better car with my intended goals. There is only one dealer that has a track package GT350 equipped exactly with the options and color I want in Canada. Its due to arrive any day now. Sadly that dealer is about 2200 miles away from me. Ordering a 2017 is not an option for me as competition orange has been discontinued and I want the car now. I do want to trade the GT in, but with the dealer so far away this poses a problem for me. I guess I can always trade my GT in on the RS I ordered.

What are your thoughts? Keep my GT or go for the GT350?

mike.s

Established Member
get the 350..if the right deal came along i would trade my 15gt pp in on one..i have modified mine and it is really faster than i need or am capable of driving but the gt350s just look special

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
As long as you can afford it, make the switch, you wont regret it. Especially if you found a car with the exact color/option package that you want. The orange track pack cars will be very rare

DaBigBone

Established Member
I'd absolutely get it. Drive your car 2200 miles and trade it in. Would be one heck of a journey

liter of cola

Established Member
Definatley get the gt350... Sooo worth it... Its just so much sexier than the gt. That engine is special.

dom418

Established Member
You're going to lose your ass on the GT so that would be my deciding factor. If you can take the hit do it in a heart beat

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just talked to a dealer today, he may have a 17 for me at list. If it pans out, the Boss will be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread