Premium Member
True but just add boost!
Special engine but VERY different from a boosted ‘07-14 5.4/5.8
-J

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have plenty of joy just bumming around driving this car. Even at 4k or below. I guess the sound and adding the Corsa resonator delete just makes it sound amazing.

For me, not everything needs to be crazy fast. I really enjoy driving our 67 fastback as well....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is up for sale now on Autotrader. Not sure what’s next, but strongly considering a C8. Used market is stupid right now, so I won’t really be making money on the sale.

1FASFKR

Established Member
The biggest draw to the 19 and 20 350's is the predator block. If memory serves me correctly all it is, is the head bolts are a little longer to accommodate the blower pressure of the GT500. The later build 18 models received new ring and piston packs. I personally wouldn't be looking at anything prior to a later build 18 model. Some late 18's - 19's had a shifter recall to be aware of. Build QC for 19 was hit and miss. Seen more than 1 R arrive at the dealer without the R wing and rear seat delete panel installed.

And yes, putting around town is as boring as any other car except for that Voodoo motor singing. Ordinary low end TQ. The Voodoo starts to wake up at 4k. I had a later build 18 R. Great car but I've also had two SC'd cars. A 14 GT500 and a 16 HC Challenger A8. Neither of those cars could handle like the R but I did miss the power of the HC. So I've got a 22 GT500 on the way. More handling than any previous GT500 and still have the power. But for a naturally aspirated high revving manual trans track car, the Voodoo has been the best experience ever.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The biggest draw to the 19 and 20 350's is the predator block. If memory serves me correctly all it is, is the head bolts are a little longer to accommodate the blower pressure of the GT500. The later build 18 models received new ring and piston packs. I personally wouldn't be looking at anything prior to a later build 18 model. Some late 18's - 19's had a shifter recall to be aware of. Build QC for 19 was hit and miss. Seen more than 1 R arrive at the dealer without the R wing and rear seat delete panel installed.

And yes, putting around town is as boring as any other car except for that Voodoo motor singing. Ordinary low end TQ. The Voodoo starts to wake up at 4k. I had a later build 18 R. Great car but I've also had two SC'd cars. A 14 GT500 and a 16 HC Challenger A8. Neither of those cars could handle like the R but I did miss the power of the HC. So I've got a 22 GT500 on the way. More handling than any previous GT500 and still have the power.
I’m loving my ‘22 but as we’ve both owned the same cars (‘14 GT500 and Hellcat A8) be prepared for the ‘22 to feel soft also. Not 350 soft just softer than previous rides.
After a ride in my tuners ‘21 with just very basic mods (headers, injectors, upper pulley) and 830rwhp on 93/Boostane just know it’s an easy fix.
I got in late last night and the weather was perfect (low 60s) and pulling the left paddle to command a second gear downshift from a 45-50mg roll and going WOT til 7500rpm made my brother (his first time in the car with me driving fast) a believer.
So I’m not saying the current 500 is slow by any means, it’s just got a higher power band than the 5.8/6.2 cars.
Are you willing to tune your incoming 500?
-J

1FASFKR

Established Member
I’m loving my ‘22 but as we’ve both owned the same cars (‘14 GT500 and Hellcat A8) be prepared for the ‘22 to feel soft also. Not 350 soft just softer than previous rides.
After a ride in my tuners ‘21 with just very basic mods (headers, injectors, upper pulley) and 830rwhp on 93/Boostane just know it’s an easy fix.
I got in late last night and the weather was perfect (low 60s) and pulling the left paddle to command a second gear downshift from a 45-50mg roll and going WOT til 7500rpm made my brother (his first time in the car with me driving fast) a believer.
So I’m not saying the current 500 is slow by any means, it’s just got a higher power band than the 5.8/6.2 cars.
Are you willing to tune your incoming 500?
-J

I did a JLT CAI and Lund Tune on 14 GT500 along with A LOT of suspension mods. I didn't tune the HC or the R. I put lighter wheels and dr's on the HC which made a huge difference. I left the R stock. I'll probably do a CAI on the 500 but no tune to keep warranty intact for as long as I can. I'm replacing the stock base wheels with lighter BC KL-17's. I like the Beith CF steering wheel too but I've not made a decision on it. I'm not expecting the 22 500 to feel like the handling of the R. But I am expecting to have the better stock handling than the 14 GT500 and the HC. I understand the power band of the 22 is higher and it gets it done on the big end but that DCT with 3.73's should hit the fun meter better than the A8 with 2.62's imo. Huge respect to the Dodge boys offering up 3.09's on that A8 later on. A Redeye was definitely going to be my next car if this 22 order didn't get allocated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread