Thinking about some strange

saleen homer

Established Member
adjustable rear shocks that is. At the track last week, the car was leaving pretty good. I am running a 28x10.5x15 et drag at 16 psi. I launched at 5500 rpm and cut a 1.66 60'. The thing I noticed is the top of my tire pretty much disappeared into the wheel wells. Every gear down the track the car was bouncing pretty good as I shifted. I'm thinking it was losing around .2 of a second due to the movement. What do you guys think about the strange adjustable drag shocks? If you recommend them, what setting do you run them on? I'm going back this friday for some n20 passes and want to get the most out of it. I am on stock springs with j&m extreme joint lca's suspension wise. Thanks in advance for your help

13BremboGT

Established Member
I don't have them personally, but have read quite a bit about them. They seem to work VERY well at the dragstrip. Supposedly, you should start with around setting 5 on the drivers side and 6 on the passengers side. Good luck man!

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I just put them on my car along with some lca's and dropped a tenth. The car doesn't squat bad anymore. I have then set on 9.

saleen homer

Established Member
lol, i am married... im not getting wheel hop etc, the car just squats... alot! looking to transfer some of the to forward momentum

saleen homer

Established Member
I don't want to lower the car. The rear tires fill the well pretty good and don't think it would work out too well.

badams03

Established Member
lol, i am married... im not getting wheel hop etc, the car just squats... alot! looking to transfer some of the to forward momentum

Same here. Just got my strange shocks in yesterday and will be putting them on when I get my LCA's some time this week.

I don't want to lower the car. The rear tires fill the well pretty good and don't think it would work out too well.

Don't have to necessarily lower the car, just stiffer springs. I thought the CJ springs were only .25 but might be more like a full inch+ all around.

How much does a piece of strange cost these days?

Around $90/each. Some of the cheaper ones around.

Users who are viewing this thread