Thinking about it....

Crushinator

Established Member
I get the same way every once in a while. I think it's totally normal for a car guy to go through this feeling. My feelings are you only live once, so try as many cool cars before you can't anymore. Once I get that bored feeling, it's all over. I normally have something new in my garage within a week.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I can relate. I had a mod list a mile long two years ago. I have completed essentially all mods with the exception of some engine bling.

Now I don't know what else to do. I still enjoy driving the car but for the first time I started to think what if...

Now I have my sights set on something else. You know the feeling--can't get it out of your mind.

I will keep my Shelby as I love it but there is a 50/50 chance something else will be in my garage in the next 6 months.

white88lx

Established Member
Yeah I'm in the same mood. I want to do a crazy build like a 65ish mustang twin turbo, six speed xxxxrwhp which im sure will keep me busy for a few years and the thought has been driving me crazy. I love the shelby but something about building a car like that and making it your own....gotta love it. Whatever you choose man i'm sure will be the right decision

btw your car is sick

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Im getting ready to turn my car back to sell it. But I have had nothing but issues for the last couple months.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah looking for my next build. Tired of the Shelby. Thinking of an old school luxury car like 69-76 Oldsmobile. About to have another motor built by L&M so might just do a fox with Shelby power. Sure its already been done but will keep me occupied for awhile.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Wtf is everyones problem here? Get a grip all of you!!! Look what you started Robertt305!
Ok ok the thought has crossed my mind too. I have been looking at the 13-14's and c6Z06. But I don't think I'm done with my shelby just yet. But I know what you all mean.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I can relate, I was the same way 15 years ago but now I'm happy with my 08 GT500. Think about how much money your going to lose and that may change your mind. If not, I would say buy another part that will keep you interested in her.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't seem to have the same "spark" for my car anymore, either. However, the tarnished luster on mine is due to suspension and driveline issues. It seems I crapped out on the mod gamble. I feel like I'm stuck at a standstill until I can get my issues smoothed out.

I was in love with my setup until the addition of the k-member and a-arms. Then my aluminum DSS shaft blew out on me. I might end up putting the stock a-arms back on. Selling the car hasn't crossed my mind, though, since I'm a lifelong Mustang fan and always end up buying another one after getting rid of one for something else. Maybe someday I'll ship it to Vegas for the Super Snake transformation and entry into the Shelby Registry. :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread