Thinking About Going From a 275 Tire To A 315 Rear...

Omadus

Established Member
Currently running a 275/40/19 in the rear, wanting a more agressive look so maybe going to a 315? Anybody done this and have pics? Clearance issues? I'm running a 11" wide rim so that won't be a problem....thanks!

Attachments

• gt2006.jpg
    gt2006.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 102

PC03GT

Established Member
Currently running a 275/40/19 in the rear, wanting a more agressive look so maybe going to a 315? Anybody done this and have pics? Clearance issues? I'm running a 11" wide rim so that won't be a problem....thanks!
I run a 305/35/19 mt ss, no issues. It will be hard to find a 315 for a 19 inch rim.

68gtscode

Established Member
As PC03GT mentioned, there are limited 315 options for 19" wheels, if any. Most everyone is running 305s. Regardless, what offset or backspace are your wheels? Even with 11" width, you may have issues if backspacing is not correct. The following guide from Apex is pretty comprehensive-

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^ I've always liked your wheels. Do you know the offset? I also run 315 20s but on True Forged 20 x 11 wheels.
I asked about the offset & backspacing when I ordered them, but Modulare wouldn't give that info out. As this wheel ( without the engraving ) was used on SAI's Super Snake conversions, it's likely close to what you see on other Shelby branded wheels.
Sorry I couldn't be more help..

68gtscode

Established Member
I asked about the offset & backspacing when I ordered them, but Modulare wouldn't give that info out. As this wheel ( without the engraving ) was used on SAI's Super Snake conversions, it's likely close to what you see on other Shelby branded wheels.
Sorry I couldn't be more help..

No problem, I was just curious. Your fitment looks to possibly be a tad more aggressive than my True Forged, that have Steve’s “315 cut” but it’s hard to say. Either way, your car looks amazing and I’ve always liked your wheels!

Omadus

Established Member
Sorry guys....thanks again for all the help! I went with Nitto 305/35/19. I'll post some pics when I get home later today....real happy with the way they look and drive.

Users who are viewing this thread