Thinking about dropping $300,000 any time soon?...

hmwave

Established Member
The rears are 315/40/19 and are huge! And they don't have a lot of tread depth either.

Wonder if they'd fit the '03. Better grind that bolt a little more :)

Blackmagic94

Banned
TropicTour said:
hahaha no jokes, there are nicer cars out there for 300k, dont get me wrong the GT is kickass, but id rather get something nicer if im willing to pay top dollar. The whole point og the GT was to be the best Bang for the Buck.

The whole point of the GT was to beat the 360 Modena in every class. Ford never claimed it to be the best bang for the buck. There is no plastic inside a GT, if it looks like metal then its an exotic metal.

hmwave

Established Member
Blackmagic94 said:
Thats bullshit, Jim Click Ford sold its first GT for 154k, and Holmes Tutle Ford sold theirs for 174k. Come buy one from Tucson, Arizona. 300k or 200k is ****ing retarded. Its just like the dumbasses who bought 03 Cobra verts for 55k plus when they first came out. And no Dealers are not paying over invoice for which is never higher than retail.

From what I heard the dealer didn't buy it from Ford. It's just a commodity to them. Buy it in one market for one price and take it to another market where it will sell for a higher price. Been happening since civilization began.

I agree on the vert. Dealer wanted $10K over for mine so I said sell it to someone else (my deposit had been down for six months by that time). He called me back a month later and gave me BS about his boss giving him hell if he sold it for any less than 5K over. I said, OK you need to get that $5K from someone else, send me my deposit back. He called me three days later and I paid the expected retail.

Last edited:

SNKBITE

Established Member
ALL, of the GT's were purchased from Big Brother (Ford Motor Company) on a lottery basis. MSRP is $154,000.00. The dealers that were lucky enough to get one can charge any amount they want for them, which I agree is "BS".
If a dealer has more than one, then they bought it from another dealer that got it through the lottery and sold it to them.
Remember when the "03 Cobras hit the showrooms and the sleazy @ssed dealers that got them first were marking them up $5,000.00? Same principal, same type of slime ball dealers..... Unfortunately Big Brother can do nothing about it....Free enterprise I guess.

1kftlbs

Established Member
Dealers with high volume automatically get one for allocation. The lottery your talking about is ford dealers that one the presidents award. A small dealer only has a chance to get one from the lottery. My dealer is high volume and we got one on normal allocation and one from the presidents award lottery. And they all come strait from ford. They pay about 140,000 plus or minus 5 grand. Economy is economy - if there is a demand why not charge 300 g's. If the people that were complaining about it were on the other side of the coin I doubt that they would think its wrong - besides what difference does it really make - 150k, 300k - its all to much for my blood.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
1kftlbs said:
besides what difference does it really make - 150k, 300k - its all to much for my blood.

right now i couldnt justify spending that kind of money for a car but i guess my perspective would be different if i was in different tax bracket

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
hmwave said:
From what I heard the dealer didn't buy it from Ford. It's just a commodity to them. Buy it in one market for one price and take it to another market where it will sell for a higher price.

Read: where they "hope" it will sell for a higher price. Proximity to M$ notwithstanding money isn't as free as it was pre dot-bomb.

Only time will tell but that sounds like a bad business decision.

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I would rather have an austin martin or a lambo if the GT is selling for around $300, 000. That car is not worth $150,000 IMO.

hmwave

Established Member
CarpetCityCobra said:
Read: where they "hope" it will sell for a higher price. Proximity to M$ notwithstanding money isn't as free as it was pre dot-bomb.

Only time will tell but that sounds like a bad business decision.

Maybe. Just watch an MS four-way for ten minutes at rush hour. Guarantee you'll count $M's of metal going past all driven by 20-sums with plenty left in the bank to drop 300K if they so wish.
Plenty people got out before the crash and walked away with 5M up.

FoB will get their money and it probably won't take too long.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmwave, you are absolutely right. They'll get the 300k and more probably. Different markets will demand different prices. I'd go cross country to save that much money though. Would make a nice drive back too.

200gt

Established Member
Why not just buy the damn kit car...with the other 130k or so left over that you would spend on the regular MSRP you could built a complete tube chassis and but the damn drivetrain from FORD and still be a better product in the end. Of course then you'd have to wait...and patience is not this country's biggest virtue.

hmwave

Established Member
200gt said:
Why not just buy the damn kit car...with the other 130k or so left over that you would spend on the regular MSRP you could built a complete tube chassis and but the damn drivetrain from FORD and still be a better product in the end. Of course then you'd have to wait...and patience is not this country's biggest virtue.

Guys, guys, your just not getting the point here.
When money is no object (i.e. you are liquid to many, many millions and in a few cases billions, and young and impatient) $300K is pocket change and an impulse buy.

Last edited:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
I went and looked at it today. THat thing is beautiful although not beautiful to catch 300k outta my pocket. But yeah itll probably be sold tommorow cause everyone and there mom was at the dealer today looking at it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Im gonna go check that out.

I was coming back from Vancouver a couple months ago and as I was going through Lynden I passed this Ford dealer that probably had no more than 75 cars on their lot but yet they had a white GT w/ blue stripes. Im curious how they acquired it being such a small dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread