Thinking about building a Semi-Lightning!!!

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
I was ordering some trucks and started playing around with some different types of trucks. I was thinking about ordering a F-150 Shortbox Flareside 4X2 with a 5.4L V-8 and an Auto transmission. Sending it to Sean Hyland and getting his Chip, Supercharger, Filter, Pulley's, Lowering Kit, Aftercooler, Shocks and Exhaust. The truck would be about 24K and parts would be about 6K. It would probably be the only one like it. I think the SHM Supercharger gets it to around 400 HP. I dunno, bad idea? Tell me what you think. :-? :read: :idea: or:bash:

retics4me

Established Member
hey Tommy ,
your kidding right? dont you get to drive those Ls you sell? if not ill come down and let you drive mine..
i think by the time you got done spending the money you could have an L and less head achs. like tranny and rear end problems.
anyone care to ad to this?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
We don't allow anyone to drive the SVT vehicles until it's sold. We are just like the eventual owners of the Cobra's and L's we don't want any miles on them just like they don't. Heck we don't even do an inspection drive or put on the License Plate Bracket. svtguy's car wasn't even put together, it went from the transport to the showfloor, Literally!!!! Anyway no I don't drive the New ones. I'll take you up on your offer and bring the Silver Bullet and I can beat the tar out of it. Maybe I can make it clunk even louder.:D :rolling:

How about doing a 4X2 Supercab Flareside?

retics4me

Established Member
lol no Clunk any more (for now) . but i do have a leaky intercooler!. ill stop down before snow flies and let you drive beast .. then that whole idea of the other truck will fade away lol.
do you think you could sneak the keys to one of those roush mustangs>>?? didnt think so
Jason

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
If your intention is to have a performance truck then your plan would be killer. :D

If your plan is to build an aftermarket Lightning then you will still be short of the mark. You'll still have to rework the inside (seats, door panels).

No matter what you do to it the vin number will still give away the fact that it's not an L.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Snake boy- I drive L you drive Roush.

FlaSVT-How about a Hyland built Supercab

morrisc-Let's see 1) Inventory Manager (ordering, trading, accounting, allocation) 2) High Performance Manager (ordering, selling, maintaining, rep's, DRIVING, warranty???'s, parts, answering stupid questions from other salepeople) 3) Mustang Show Coordinator (everything) 4) Sales Trainer (all of it) 5) Internet Sales 6) Whatever else they throw in my direction. Basically I do most whatever I want or need to do to sell vehicles, especially Hi-Po cars (I'm still learning though, I never claim to know everything) The owner calls me the High Performance Manager. He gives me Carte Blanche.

How's that?

LSchicago

Established Member
Tommy, If I were you I'd build a supercab. Anyone wanting to spend 30K will just buy a Lighning. Since Lightnings are not available in a s/c, it would probably sell to someone who would really like a Lightning, but needs a supercab. A regular cab like you describe may have a birthday on your lot. I honestly think it will be hard to sell. If I were you i'd build the supercab, then see if anyone would want the regular cab, or super crew. hope this helps, LLoyd

Need4Speed

Established Member
I kinda like the Supercab or extended cab idea. As far as the regular flareside L wannabe I would look at that as an attempt to polish a turd. Doesn't work for me but do what you want and who cares what others think.

Users who are viewing this thread