thinking about a Hellcat Redeye widebody

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Lately I find myself looking more and more at getting a Hellcat Redeye widebody. Plum crazy of course. I'd have to order the car. I currently have a Hellcat charger. Does anyone have experience with the redeye and how it performs against a Hellcat? The dilemma to purchasing I'd have to unload both the CTSV and the HC charger. WWYD?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lately I find myself looking more and more at getting a Hellcat Redeye widebody. Plum crazy of course. I'd have to order the car. I currently have a Hellcat charger. Does anyone have experience with the redeye and how it performs against a Hellcat? The dilemma to purchasing I'd have to unload both the CTSV and the HC charger. WWYD?

I literally just had one. 2,600 miles. Plum Crazy, hard loaded.

They drive nice. Heavy, but nice. It would feel like a somewhat lateral move for you though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have to agree that giving up a '13 CTSV and a HC Charger for a Red Eye would be kind of hard to do. At least for me.

That said, it would be mighty nice to own a wide-body Red Eye!
upload_2019-10-15_18-6-52.png

502658-2-web.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
One of the magazines tested the Red eye vs the standard and didn't see much of a performance jump.

I'm not sure if that's due to tires or what, but the additional power on an unprepped surface seems to offer diminishing returns.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Do you drive the CTSV often enough to justify keeping it?

If I were in the market and I had a daily, Id trade a CTSV and an HC Charger for a Redeye Widebody.

Rarely drive either. I DD a base XL RCSB 2.7 F150. One thing I notice as I get "thicker" the Recaro's in the V become more and more like water board torture.

I literally just had one. 2,600 miles. Plum Crazy, hard loaded.

They drive nice. Heavy, but nice. It would feel like a somewhat lateral move for you though.

Well I'm thinking I might like the 797 hp if it really seemed like it pulled that much harder than the charger. Charger runs between 124-129 dependent on DA.

You have a ctsv and a hellcat charger? IMO selling both for one red eye wouldnt be a foward move.

Yes and no. I'm paying insurance on two cars that get maybe 2500 each a year and that's only because I live in the boonies. Plus with the current $10 per HP rebate and dealer discounting you can get a sweet deal.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
One of the magazines tested the Red eye vs the standard and didn't see much of a performance jump.

I'm not sure if that's due to tires or what, but the additional power on an unprepped surface seems to offer diminishing returns.

That's kind of what I'm trying to see. If the performance isn't significant I'm not doing it, as the charger has been 10.6 stock with a dr. I'd like to go bottom 10's stock on a radial. That way I keep my warranty

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Rarely drive either. I DD a base XL RCSB 2.7 F150. One thing I notice as I get "thicker" the Recaro's in the V become more and more like water board torture.

Well I'm thinking I might like the 797 hp if it really seemed like it pulled that much harder than the charger. Charger runs between 124-129 dependent on DA.

Yes and no. I'm paying insurance on two cars that get maybe 2500 each a year and that's only because I live in the boonies. Plus with the current $10 per HP rebate and dealer discounting you can get a sweet deal.
Ive sat in a few Challenger Hellcats and a Redeye at the dealer. Im a little short and a little voluptuos but I found the seats rather comfortable. I also, did not find the Boss 302 or the 2012-2014 GT500 Recaros comfortable.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Keep the V. Nothing against Mopar but the reality is, an LS based engine is vastly easier to work on and cheaper to boot.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I would not get rid of a Charger Hellcat and V Coupe for another Mopar that is pretty similar performance wise. I may be a little biased though.

Honestly the Red Eye just feels like a standard Hellcat with more grip stock. It’s a lateral move too considering you can fit a 10.5” factory reproduction wheel and a 305 -315 tire on a Charger as is.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
You know I’ve considered dumping my challenger hellcat for a Redeye as well (the current rebates and dealer willingness to move them make them tempting). I think I’d go non-widebody though.

They have gone in the 10.3 @ 130-131 range on drag radials.

But my take.....you’ve got a charger hellcat.....a couple thousand in mods and it walks all over a Redeye while still having 4 door convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Rich, in all honesty, I don't think the Redeye is that much faster than the Hellcats.

A modded Redeye went up against a stock ZR1 and the ZR1 pulled on it on all the runs, I think there were 4. Stock ZR1,...modded Redeye with more power/torque.
Then, the Redeye got sorted out and then out of the 4 runs, the ZR1 took 2 races and the Redeye took 2. But, the Redeye was heavily modified.

There is video evidence of this, if you are interested. Let me know, I'll post them here. (It's that dude Streetspeed 717 and a guy on Youtube with the Redeye Challenger. They are friends.)

Users who are viewing this thread