thinking about a Hellcat Redeye widebody

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Ill be odd man out and say GET ER DONE!

I would do it for the body kit alone ( i know, im weird).

The WB Challengers --and the new WB Charger for that matter-- look fantastic!!

Bigger blower, more room to grow if you mod it. DO IT!

Those Wide-Body Challenger HellCats "peeked" my interests... but NO 6-speed MANUAL option... lost interest after that.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Lately I find myself looking more and more at getting a Hellcat Redeye widebody. Plum crazy of course. I'd have to order the car. I currently have a Hellcat charger. Does anyone have experience with the redeye and how it performs against a Hellcat? The dilemma to purchasing I'd have to unload both the CTSV and the HC charger. WWYD?

I’d say you should go ahead and do it. You said that you’re not happy with the seats in the v so that tells me your really not enjoying driving it that much. I know personally if I don’t like the seats in a car it pretty much ruins the car for me. I had a hellcat charger. While it was a fun car in a straight line the lack of handling just bugged me. Also it’s about more than just drag strip times. What is the potential of each car? The red eye has more robust engine/transmission/differential/driveshaft/half shafts. Larger supercharger, better street wheel/tire setup, you can get the color you really want/like, if you like the seats in your charger then you know the seats will be the same in the challenger. Red eye widebody looks great, and should handle better than the charger as well. Also the Redeye is likely to hold its valve better than the standard hellcat, certainly if it’s something that you may hold on to for the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Unless you need to have the man pedal, you'll be gapping bitches on the regular with that auto.

I used to be a die hard manual guy. Then I bought my GT500. I wish it came with a 6R80 option, lmao.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
My initial impression (haven’t driven it much yet) is they 19 is a dramatically improved car over my 16.....(think 07-09 GT500 vs 11-12 GT500).

It doesn’t feel dramatically faster but I wouldn’t really expect it to honestly. It is however much snappier off the line (possibly the 3.09 vs 2.62), the electronics are much improved and the steering feels worlds better.

Don’t get me wrong. It is definitely faster but I’m gonna need to put some break in miles on it before I really get a feel for that aspect of things and 60-130 it against the times I had for my old one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Also. Didn’t realize it had a line lock built in. Nice surprise.

The after cooler is very cool. Just played with it for a bit in the parking lot while I was setting radio presets, mirrors, etc.

Took IC fluid temps from 105 to 80 (88 degrees outside) in about 2 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I love both colors,....but would probably go Destroyer Grey with the carbon stripes.

Funny you mention that. I thought I was going to want to do a matte black vinyl on the hood, roof and rear deck. The more I drive it the more I like it plain. The bumper between the upper and lower grills looks huge compared to how my mango one did with the stripes.

The carbon stripes would probably look good with the “nostrils though”.

They’d need to be set wider apart than they are on the hellcats though.

I really like how the heat exchangers stand out more vs how they were on my Hellcat.

59408133452__4CF6D52C-4FE7-4B67-97E0-E80B6AD97872.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread