thinking about a Hellcat Redeye widebody

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Personally I would keep the CTS V & the Hellcat. I just don't see enough of a performance increase to justify the Redeye.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
One of the magazines tested the Red eye vs the standard and didn't see much of a performance jump.

I'm not sure if that's due to tires or what, but the additional power on an unprepped surface seems to offer diminishing returns.

A HC with DRs on it would walk all over a RE on factory tires.

A pullied HC will be above the power levels of the RE. I do not think they are worth the extra but that is me.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I am going to be on the practical side of this. You have already experienced most of the depreciation of the two cars that you own now. If you buy the RE you will eat all of that depreciation as well.
If I just had to have a RE, or just a new car, and could afford it without selling both cars I would keep one and sell one to minimize my losses. Then you would have a 4 door and a two door car. Best of both worlds.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I would keep the current HC, mod it and keep the V as well.

Even though I love the wideboy, I don't think the extra coin is worth the power, considering a tire only HC will be faster than the Redeye version.

To this day, I still drool over charges and REALLY want one. Durango is more than halfway paid off, and man, it is tempting, but, not a smart idea for me now.

blk02edge

Established Member
Ill be the odd man out. What in the **** is the point of having two 4 door sedans when you rarely drive either of them. Get rid of them and buy the one superior car, even if its a minimal gain its far less of a waste of money as having two depreciating boat anchors.

blk02edge

Established Member
Looking at your limited usage of both sedans ,seems like both of them are just weekend toys . Sell them both and get something more fun to drive like Viper , Z06 , Zr1 , GTR , 911 turbo , R8
This is an even better idea

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Ive sat in a few Challenger Hellcats and a Redeye at the dealer. Im a little short and a little voluptuos but I found the seats rather comfortable. I also, did not find the Boss 302 or the 2012-2014 GT500 Recaros comfortable.

I found the recaro's in my 12 GT500 to be vastly more comfortable than the seats in the v.

I would not get rid of a Charger Hellcat and V Coupe for another Mopar that is pretty similar performance wise. I may be a little biased though.

Honestly the Red Eye just feels like a standard Hellcat with more grip stock. It’s a lateral move too considering you can fit a 10.5” factory reproduction wheel and a 305 -315 tire on a Charger as is.

My track tire on the Charger is a 10.5 demon replica with 305/20's Mickey Thompsons.

Ill be the odd man out. What in the **** is the point of having two 4 door sedans when you rarely drive either of them. Get rid of them and buy the one superior car, even if its a minimal gain its far less of a waste of money as having two depreciating boat anchors.

The V is a coupe.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
IMG_4812.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

noco5.0

Established Member
I bought a Boss 302 a few months ago and had a Challenger Hellcat. My plan was to keep them both. That was fun for about a month and then the money I had tied up in two cars I don't drive much started bothering me. I could afford it, but I didn't like twice the maintenance, twice the registration fees (which in Colorado are ridiculous) etc. I ended up selling the Hellcat. I already want another one and have been seriously tempted to buy a Redeye with the huge rebates but I'm going to withstand the urge. If you are bored with both of your current cars and make out ok on them there probably isn't a better time to buy a Redeye than now with the huge discounts. I've heard they are much nicer on the inside than the 15-16 Hellcats from guys who have owned both.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Would you rather have 1 toy to focus your efforts on or two?

Between my Excursion, the Shelby and my fiances Mitsubishi Outlander Sport (i know..... I know) it can get a bit hectic with maintenance and parts. Hell, the shitbox Jatco CVT trans in the Mitsu just needed a $120 fluid change (my cost and Im the labor) per the maintenance schedule. Then I had to service the Ex and then swap some tires, then program the ABS for the new revs/mile. Not even breaking the surface on the parts Ive been trying to buy for the engine freshening Im undertaking this winter on the Shelby.

I still stand by my original opinion: condense 2 toys into 1 and turn that ****er into a weapon. Your life will be much simpler. Not a knock against your current cars as they are both cool, but 1 car, 1 focus is always easier than 2. Unless you want 2 then hey man, more power to ya.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Would you rather have 1 toy to focus your efforts on or two?

Between my Excursion, the Shelby and my fiances Mitsubishi Outlander Sport (i know..... I know) it can get a bit hectic with maintenance and parts. Hell, the shitbox Jatco CVT trans in the Mitsu just needed a $120 fluid change (my cost and Im the labor) per the maintenance schedule. Then I had to service the Ex and then swap some tires, then program the ABS for the new revs/mile. Not even breaking the surface on the parts Ive been trying to buy for the engine freshening Im undertaking this winter on the Shelby. Its a lot to juggle.

I still stand by my original opinion: condense 2 toys into 1 and turn that ****er into a weapon.

noco5.0

Established Member
Local dealer has two readeyes essentially $15k off

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

That's becoming pretty common. On the Hellcat Forum Koons Dodge in Virginia has a sales person posting there saying they've ordered 225 Hellcats and Redeyes and are selling all of them for 4 percent under invoice plus the Power Dollars rebates. Sounds like most of theirs are pretty stripped down so you can get into a narrow body Redeye for well under 70k and a new Hellcat for mid 50's with a manual transmission and cloth seats.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
That's becoming pretty common. On the Hellcat Forum Koons Dodge in Virginia has a sales person posting there saying they've ordered 225 Hellcats and Redeyes and are selling all of them for 4 percent under invoice plus the Power Dollars rebates. Sounds like most of theirs are pretty stripped down so you can get into a narrow body Redeye for well under 70k and a new Hellcat for mid 50's with a manual transmission and cloth seats.
GT500s going for mid 50's was a pretty damn good deal. Mopar winning this round of the HP wars with prices like that.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill be odd man out and say GET ER DONE!

I would do it for the body kit alone ( i know, im weird).

The WB Challengers --and the new WB Charger for that matter-- look fantastic!!

Bigger blower, more room to grow if you mod it. DO IT!

Users who are viewing this thread