Think I broke the stock input shaft....

CobraKid04

Established Member
I was doing a 1st through 4th pull and I power shifted 4th and the rpms just went up real quick. I let it coast then tried to put it in gear. I could put it in gear but the car wouldn't go. It was like it was in neutral. I pull over and I could go through the gearbox without pusing in my clutch. It was like it was in neutral the whole time but i was moving the gears...Does this sound like an input shaft? If not what else could it be?

I had her towed to ford...Can't wait to get bent over with the repair bill.

0310thstock

Established Member
That sounds like when I blew my clutch on my GT. I could go through all gears, including reverse, while on. I could be wrong.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I was doing a 1st through 4th pull and I power shifted 4th and the rpms just went up real quick. I let it coast then tried to put it in gear. I could put it in gear but the car wouldn't go. It was like it was in neutral. I pull over and I could go through the gearbox without pusing in my clutch. It was like it was in neutral the whole time but i was moving the gears...Does this sound like an input shaft? If not what else could it be?

I had her towed to ford...Can't wait to get bent over with the repair bill.

probably will .. did you not want to tackle the job yourself?

DSGimportslayer

Established Member
i broke a half shaft yesterday. gonna throw another one in there this afternoon. it will only take like an hour. its only like 2 bolts and a castle nut for the tie rod. oh and the jam nut for the end of the half shaft. the hardest part was fining a half shaft.

96badvenm

Established Member
i broke a half shaft yesterday. gonna throw another one in there this afternoon. it will only take like an hour. its only like 2 bolts and a castle nut for the tie rod. oh and the jam nut for the end of the half shaft. the hardest part was fining a half shaft.

input shaft... not a half shaft:nonono::nonono::nonono:

exdeath

Established Member
Input shaft is pretty easy, but it helps having a tranny jack, a press for the bearings, dial indicator, etc. I can see not doing it yourself if you don't have access to a shop.

Sometimes you can spend as much or more on tools doing something yourself for a one time job.

CobraKid04

Established Member
^ I don't have any of those tools. I am just letting ford put a new one in. I would rather go to work for a few weeks extra than put the input shaft in myself and possibly(will) mess it up haha. . O well you pay to play. Thanks everyone for your opinions.:beer:

MVD

Established Member
CobraKid04........I have a perfect condition OEM input shaft. Let me know if you are interested, I will let it go cheap. It only has 4,500 miles on it, came of a stock vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread