think about a '13 Raptor

blacklightning0

Established Member
Hello all, thinking about purchasing a '13 Raptor. I currently own an '07 Jeep Wrangler X 2 door. My concerns with the purchase of the vehicle is how capable is it off roading and snow? I live in Colorado and we do get our share of snow. Of course the Jeep being a Jeep is very capable in both conditions. I did test drive a Raptor, and its an awesome truck. I have seen videos and other things online, just would like first hand knowledge from people on this board if possible.

RatedSVT

Established Member
I've had zero problems with my raptor in the snow. I'm in Illinois and we get quite abit. Can always give tires for the truck,I'm not a big fan of the bfg all terrains . I would definitely do the mid perch for a first mod to get you some more ground clearance and less nosedive. :)

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Off-road they are perfectly fine, as long as your not trying to do rock crawling or Moab. We took our through some trails on CO last year up by Telluride and it was great. I'm sure it's fine in the snow as long as you have decent tires. We are going to Vail in December and driving out. I'm on 35 inch A/T tires and expect to do just fine in the snow.

Users who are viewing this thread