Things I've learned on my move/road trip from Vegas to NY

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
For me. It’s way too cold up there in the winter. Shit, even in January down here the cold fronts are tough to deal with. I like at least 80 with a touch of humidity and a sea breeze. I’m most comfortable at about 88. Anything below 75 is death.
I’m still hitting the beaches down here but in another week or so cape cod will become more comfortable than Naples so I’ll pack up and leave for three months.

And you grew up in Brockton? How did you ever survive. :LOL::LOL:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If you want to see bad drivers wait until you visit Connecticut or Massachusetts. New York and populated parts of Florida are 3rd. But the populated parts of Florida are mostly New Yorkers so.

No one has worse roads than Pennsylvania.

When I road trip I take the U.S highway system and avoid the interstates. I find it's just as fast or faster and you get to really see the country. The interstates are clogged with traffic, road construction, and accidents while the U.S Hwy's are usually free of most of that.
The only time I get on the interstates is to avoid the cities.

When I want to stop for the night and pull into a town, if I notice an abnormal amount of check cashing places, pawn shops, bail bonds, and Popeyes chicken I move to the next town.

VegasMichael

Established Member
You moved to NY?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yes, I did.
For me. It’s way too cold up there in the winter. Shit, even in January down here the cold fronts are tough to deal with. I like at least 80 with a touch of humidity and a sea breeze. I’m most comfortable at about 88. Anything below 75 is death.
I’m still hitting the beaches down here but in another week or so cape cod will become more comfortable than Naples so I’ll pack up and leave for three months.
I'm the opposite. I love cold and get nauseous when it's over 75 degrees.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
At least we have one moving in for the thousands that moved out. Should ease the tax burden such that they increase it that much more.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Why NY?
And hopefully upstate

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I grew up in NY and my parents live here and like it and I wanted to be near them since they are not getting any younger and need help with things from time to time. We are in the suburbs of Rochester. I always thought the Finger Lakes region was very beautiful so I did not hesitate to move back for those reasons.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
12. Don't count on signage to indicate what's ahead. When I got to Ohio there was almost no indication that the next exit had hotels/restaurants/gas stations. Earlier states were better well marked in that area.

In my younger days I just assumed those were educational signs, but I later learned companies have to pay big bucks to get their names on those exit signs. With google/apple maps and such, I question if said fee is worth it anymore.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I grew up in NY and my parents live here and like it and I wanted to be near them since they are not getting any younger and need help with things from time to time. We are in the suburbs of Rochester. I always thought the Finger Lakes region was very beautiful so I did not hesitate to move back for those reasons.
Vote Republican

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
#11...
And yet 94 and 294 are always under construction. I do my best to spend as little time in the Chicago area as possible. It's scary how the posted speed limit is currently 45 for much of the construction zone, but not a single Chicagoan goes below 65 all while clung to the bumper in front of them.

VegasMichael

Established Member
#11...
And yet 94 and 294 are always under construction. I do my best to spend as little time in the Chicago area as possible. It's scary how the posted speed limit is currently 45 for much of the construction zone, but not a single Chicagoan goes below 65 all while clung to the bumper in front of them.
I couldn't believe how many exits there were to get to Chicago from I-80. Never thought I'd see the end of them.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

I did the same thing, years ago, went from Tucson to Fl.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread