Things a good Coyote tune should do...

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
image.png
Hi all - hoping to get some insights here. I have a '14 GT M6 that is stock besides suspension upgrades and Borla S-type axle backs.

I have a SCT X4 ready to go and I am going to have the car dyno tuned by a reputable tuner who I trust completely. A few things I want out of a tune are improved throttle response (I absolutely hate the stock lag), and to raise the rev limiter to save my OPG's ( I have 3.73's and hit the limiter at the stripe while drag racing ). Of course I also want increased power on a 93 tune.

What other things should I ask for? Be as specific as you want. At some point I might do some upgrades like a CJ intake and I realize that will require a new tune, but for now I just want the 3 things I mentioned. At least that's all I KNOW I want.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" I have a SCT X4 ready to go and I am going to have the car dyno tuned by a reputable tuner who I trust completely. "
I would want the car tuned on the street, put on the dyno afterwards to verify results & tweek as needed.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Thanks Alibi. I assume the dyno tune will have before- and after- dyno runs along with some street driving to ensure great drivability.

Anyone else have items/issues they'd like to share?

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Ghost cams ? lol, I'm jk

I would just want it to be responsive as possible, like as crisp of throttle response as possible.

You should do a 100 octane tune too !.. see if it makes much of a difference, I'd be curious how much better it feels on the street too.

I like moving the fan on temperature down a few degrees too..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
47lb injectors and e85 tune.... makes for a VERY snappy NA Coyote!

I ran that setup on my 2014 in between the blower and turbo kits... loved it so much i almost stayed N/A (almost).

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Thanks Stray - I agree - throttle response is really the #1 thing I want. I'll ask about the fan temp setting as well.

Gimme - From the time I bought my car I had FI on my mind. That all changed once I rode in a tuned E85 Coyote with a CJ manifold and it was FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE. That mother pulled to 8k, and even with 3.31 gears it made my stock 3.73 track pack car feel like a turd. If only E85 was plentiful around me. If E85 gets more plentiful around me I could easily be satisfied staying NA. Maybe someday...

Do you guys know if it is possible to make it easier to disable AdvanceTrac ( or whatever it is called )? As you know, on a stock tune you have to hold down the brake and the traction control button simultaneously for 5 seconds. Is there a way to make this happen more quickly thru the tune?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I'd forgo paying for a dyno tune with those limited mods, just get an email tune and load it unto your X4, AED, VMP, Lund.

That's a good point Brutal. The dyno tune is not cheap, and my car is essentially stock, so the tune I am looking for wouldn't be anything fancy. I will look into the 3 you have mentioned and see what they offer and the cost. I really do like the shop I mentioned and enjoy giving him my business as he does great work, but for what is probably double the cost I can forego getting before and after dyno numbers and let my before and after track times tell me if I'm making more power.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That's a good point Brutal. The dyno tune is not cheap, and my car is essentially stock, so the tune I am looking for wouldn't be anything fancy. I will look into the 3 you have mentioned and see what they offer and the cost. I really do like the shop I mentioned and enjoy giving him my business as he does great work, but for what is probably double the cost I can forego getting before and after dyno numbers and let my before and after track times tell me if I'm making more power.
The 3 I listed have these cars dialed in real well...I'm stock and need to get one myself, I'm only gonna do an off road H pipe on mine..

Users who are viewing this thread