Thermostat Housing Leaking, Need Advice

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I have new clamps/hoses and they are all tight. The clamps are positioned properly from what I can tell. It is seeping from where the lower radiator hose clamps to the housing. I’m starting to think that the housing/neck is cracked there. It’s not leaking from where the housing bolts together.

Has anybody ever had issues with the thermostat housing leaking like this (or a similar issue)?
Thanks

Murderedsvt

Established Member
yes, i bought a new housing still leaked i ended up putting thermostat sealant on the edges , no leaks now

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Have you tried simply replacing the hose? Sometimes those hoses only seal once and then should be replaced.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
The hose is relatively new so I have not tried replacing it again. I guess I could try but if I go as far as draining everything down, I may replace the t-stat housing. I was just curious if anybody else has had issues with the housing or necks cracking or anything.

96dreamer

Established Member
My o ring the goes between the two halves of the housing got torn somehow and caused mine to leak, new o ring fixed the probelm. Sounds like yours is coming from a different area though

Users who are viewing this thread