There's no firm timeline, but Ford is 'working toward' selling only EVs in the U.S.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
3.5 Ecoboost. That's currently what my 2018 has. I like it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I love my 2015 I bought in 2018, I was so tempted with carvanna and vroom to unload it and get a 21. I just don’t wanna start over on a big note. Post pics when you get it I love the new 21’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my 2015 I bought in 2018, I was so tempted with carvanna and vroom to unload it and get a 21. I just don’t wanna start over on a big note. Post pics when you get it I love the new 21’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome . I'm not excited about having a big monthly payment. I plan on keeping this one for a long time. I honestly don't go anywhere. My 18 only has 9700 miles....

But it has some things I don't like.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Give it 3 years and the narrative will change. Always does. Electric cars will come out by the end of Biden's first term. They'll sort-of sell okay but by no means replace ICE sales, or the aging fleet of vehicles out there. They'll have to basically give away most EV's to convince people to replace their 1999 Taurus.

I'm skeptical about that, at least from a mandate perspective. The EPA is in the driver's seat, and we all know how gung ho they are on EV. Not even a Trump presidency and R controlled legislature could steer them away from their greenhouse emissions regulations. They're going to make us go EV, whether we like it or not, and more concerning, whether we're prepared or not. I would anticipate a ban on new ICE cars first, then they whittle away what's left through registration restrictions and/or taxes.

Ford killed off so many of their performance vehicles and replaced them with blah vehicles. No more Fiesta/Focus ST and RS, GT350/GT350R. I don't see myself getting a new Ford in the future. I did, however, buy a ZL1 1LE. I am sure that will be the highest performing Camaro for a long time.

Ford seems to be highly cyclical. The SVT phase was great, then they came back strong with the ST phase. The question becomes if we're still in the trough or if the Bronco and Mach E are as good as it's going to get on this peak.

Its crazy.

There literally will not be a feasible means of producing the energy necessary to support migration to EV's by 2030 without BIG investments in power grid infrastructure and generation facilities, none of which are currently happening. Nuke plants being decommissioned across the country. CA cant keep the lights on as it is, but sure, lets put millions of EV on the road sucking off the grid at all times of the day, let alone peak loads.

That's what the green new deal is all about! Solar panels on every roof and a charger on everything!

I think Ford though knows the future of cars is them literally reduced to appliances, which is the direction theyre going.

I've said it before, but from a long term investment strategy they're being smart- they're preparing for an appliance future, based on a subscription autonomous EV model. It's where we're headed. But it's not coming to fruition as fast as they expected, and not only are they showing their weakness in the interim, but their capabilities for that future seem to be lagging behind some competitors. It would be fine to let their competition eat their lunch today if they knew they would blow them out of the water tomorrow, but it's increasingly looking like that may not be the case. Instead we get "Uhh, here's an EV CUV with a pony on it."

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Worldwide look to reduce by half the number of models powered by internal combustion engines (ICEs) in order to free up resources to develop electric vehicles (EVs). The not-yet-finalized decision to halt the development of all ICEs would make one of the largest portfolios of engines and transmissions in the industry almost obsolete in one stroke. But it would also put one of the ten largest automakers on a path to produce all EVs by 2030. If Hyundai Motor Group did so, they would join GEELY's Volvo Cars in producing all EVs by then. In contrast, General Motors pledged to go with all EVs by 2035. AutoForecast Solutions LLC is advising clients of their options, given Hyundai Motor Group's direction.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
you guys act like Ford is the only one doing this. Every single manufacturer is going 100% electric at some point. Inlcuding Dodge.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I just know I'm going to have to get solar panels/windmill before 2030 to avoid the rolling blackouts.

I just hope 3d printing metal would become more available mainstream. Imagine a line of open source engines that you could print out and easily swap into an electric vehicle. Even if it was just acting as a generator it would mitigate the range anxiety/ charging times.

I think making a kit to fit generators into EV's "fronks" so that they could run similar to a locomotive would be the only way to guarantee you'd have range/ a charge.

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm skeptical about that, at least from a mandate perspective. The EPA is in the driver's seat, and we all know how gung ho they are on EV. Not even a Trump presidency and R controlled legislature could steer them away from their greenhouse emissions regulations. They're going to make us go EV, whether we like it or not, and more concerning, whether we're prepared or not. I would anticipate a ban on new ICE cars first, then they whittle away what's left through registration restrictions and/or taxes.

Definitely fair points.

At first I thought it would be through emissions/safety, but they would have to standardize Emission/safety testing nationwide first. But I can see a number of states refusing to do so. SC willingly gave up fed tax dollars to avoid the hassle after the 90s failed attempt.

It's a different world now, but I bet incentives will be ridiculous on EV at some point. That 7500 credit is solid as-is, but if the Fed's told me to trade in a shitbox that they'd over pay for, then drop another 5-10 in incentives on a new Tesla, it would be hard to not buy. Especially if it costs me 20k for a new car.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
It appeases the millennial generation and the young generation being taught in school how bad fossil fuels are and how good EV is. Won’t ever mention the consequences nor negativities that might stem from it. When it does appears, it’s the bad people fault for being so.

Get ready to be tax by your mileage driven.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
This totally reminds me of 10 years ago when all the companies "were going green". All our commercial construction clients were into it like crazy. Now, don't hear about it too much. People were talking like zero energy buildings were going to be everywhere. The few good ideas were adopted, but most of everything else is just like, eh.

Only downside is the dumb shots that promoted all the unrealistic bullshit were allowed to crawl back to their caves instead of being publicly ridiculed.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Valid point, but the incentives will just drive up the price over time.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Definitely fair points.

At first I thought it would be through emissions/safety, but they would have to standardize Emission/safety testing nationwide first. But I can see a number of states refusing to do so. SC willingly gave up fed tax dollars to avoid the hassle after the 90s failed attempt.

It's a different world now, but I bet incentives will be ridiculous on EV at some point. That 7500 credit is solid as-is, but if the Fed's told me to trade in a shitbox that they'd over pay for, then drop another 5-10 in incentives on a new Tesla, it would be hard to not buy. Especially if it costs me 20k for a new car.
Then you’d wake up.
Spoken like a true liberal justice warrior.
“If the government did X Y and Z and gave me free money I’d bend ovah and do exactly what they want. I want to be a good little cuck”.
“Government help me please. Hep me hep me hep me”.
“I needs free stuff”.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Then you’d wake up.
Spoken like a true liberal justice warrior.
“If the government did X Y and Z and gave me free money I’d bend ovah and do exactly what they want. I want to be a good little cuck”.
“Government help me please. Hep me hep me hep me”.
“I needs free stuff”.

Help me help me must be something you hear quite frequently as you abuse children.

Spoken like a true bigot

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Yous guys do realize this is all just a press release to appease the woke.
Probably but Wall Street is liking it...so its helping the bottom line.

This is from a press release on Ford's website:

WALL STREET LOVES FORD’S GROWTH PLAN

Ford is making headlines with the new growth plan, what it calls Ford +, that it just laid out. What seems to be grabbing most people’s attention is its boost in spending on electrification. Ford will invest $30 billion into EVs by 2030, which is a third more than what was previously announced. We wouldn’t be surprised if the popularity of the all-electric F-150 helped influence the decision. It says it now has more than 70,000 reservations for the Lightning. It will also electrify nearly every model in its lineup and anticipates 40% of its global volume to be all-electric by 2030. In order to power all of those EVs, Ford is bringing more battery development under its wings. It plans to have a range of EV batteries that it will call IonBoost. They’ll consist of lithium ion, lithium iron phosphate for commercial applications and long-range, low-cost solid state batteries that it’s developing with Solid Power. Ford will also build battery cells at two plants in the U.S. from its joint venture with SK Innovation, which is called BlueOvalSK, to use in future vehicles. Another big aspect of Ford’s plan is how it interacts with customers. It wants to make everything easier from getting a vehicle serviced to reducing the time it takes to purchase a vehicle or extend a lease. Huge focus is being put on its commercial customers with the launch of Ford Pro, a one-stop-shop for repair, charging and data services. It’s all about keeping vehicles on the road, reducing complexity for customers and ultimately making everybody a little bit of money. And Wall Street loved what Ford was saying. It’s stock jumped 8.5% yesterday to almost $14.00 a share, which is more than double what it was in October of last year when new CEO Jim Farley took over.

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I've been considering getting solar with a powerwall, not because I want to go green but so I have power when the blackouts start and can call out all fairies on here crying because they can't charge their Cuck-e's ***-150 ligntnings

I’ll pour gasoline down the sewers

Pfft, I collect styrofoam and burn it to create my own hole in the ozone.

This totally reminds me of 10 years ago when all the companies "were going green". All our commercial construction clients were into it like crazy. Now, don't hear about it too much. People were talking like zero energy buildings were going to be everywhere. The few good ideas were adopted, but most of everything else is just like, eh.

Only downside is the dumb shots that promoted all the unrealistic bullshit were allowed to crawl back to their caves instead of being publicly ridiculed.

True, I took a 6 month class on green building learning about GBI and LEED and it's been worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread