The Verdict is In

NastyWS6

Established Member
Long but a good read IMO

I took a trip to the local Ford dealership to try and make my decision whether I wanted a Cobra or a Lightning. Nonetheless I do completely have a decision.

I went down there expecting to just play with some #'s and was actually able to take a test drive of both. I was very impressed with the dealer for not trying to play any games and keeping a level head with the situation.

The lightning I drove first, a Beautiful Dark Shadow Grey 03. The passenger side of it was very roomy and had plenty of leg room. However as soon as I got into the driver's seat I noticed I had about an inch of space from my knee's to the dash. It had an amazing SOTP feel to it when I got on it, I didn't expect it to feel that strong with only 100 miles on it, but kept thinking about the lack of leg room. How do you tall guys get comfortable in one ?

Next the Cobra, Ofcourse it was the color I am looking at Redfire. This one was a little dirty but still looked amazing. As soon as I got in I felt like I was laying down with how much leg room I had on the passenger side. As I pulled it off the lot I know I must have had a big grin on my face still being amazed they let me test drive it. I left the TCS on since I had forgotten to turn it off. As soon as I got on the Freeway I instantly got into boost and have to say it felt really strong, not quite the same feel as my WS6 when modded or as fast but strong to say the least. I start going through the gears trying to get used to the car. I drop it down into 4th and stand on it and just watch the boost guage fly up to 8, I stayed in it longer that the boost guage saw just shy of 10 lbs of boost before lifting. I was really impressed.

We get off the freeway and take some side streets back to the dealership, when merging into traffic nobody wanted to let me in so I left it in 2nd and ran it up to about 90-95MPH raping some late 70's camaro that looked like ass. The sales person was just chuckling as I was rowing gears eating him alive. The rest of the ride I kept it mellow on the speed limit. I finally hit the button to turn off TCS not sure if it turned off or not but it felt a little stronger afterwards but I wasn't on it hard enough to really tell. Did a little bit of weaving lanes due to some assholes that don't know how to drive but nothing major. The car has great visibilty compared to my WS6 as well as a much tighter steering radius, and more comfortable suspension.

My only real beef with the car is the shifter, that thing is so deep into the the dash it is a stretch to reach it from where I was sitting. Other than that I was totally impressed with the car, especially the A/C(man that thing cranks out some freezing air). The clutch took a little getting used to since I am used to the hydraulic POS' but it was still really comfortable. Also I was really suprised with how quiet the blower was on the inside of the car, much quiter than I had expected and a lot quiter than the lightning. I had no reiterrated which will be my next vehicle and there is no doubt about it now.

It will definitely be a Redfire Clearcoat Cobra.

CobraCallie

Banned
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good choice :beer: Moving on over to the dark side huh? ;-)

nj7703

Established Member
GOOD JOB with the Redfire. I walked in and bougt mine in 20 min, had it next morning. I have had more neck snaps from this car than anything. Great luck with it.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
No love, no love....You gotta color her by her official name: Red Fire Metallic Clearcoat =>)

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Can't wait to see that signature changed to a '03 Cobra :thumbsup:

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by GNasty
You can't go wrong with either the WS6, or the Cobra, but I am glad you enjoyed the drive.

Kyle

Yeah they are both very good cars, But at the same time 100% opposites.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
No love, no love....You gotta color her by her official name: Red Fire Metallic Clearcoat =>)

Sorry But I know everyone knew the full name, plus I could not remember it :beer:

NastyWS6

Established Member
Thanks to everyone, I finally got the chance to see what everyone has been talking about first hand and I was happy to find out you were all right.

My one deterring factor was employment but that has also been taken care of within the last 36 hours, so now it is merely a countdown until it is sitting in my driveway.

To answer your question Kevin, I have to get a few financial things squared away as well as get closer to having my car sold so I don't lose my ass on it.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
i just needed a chance to use my ricer voice YOU LIKEY??:thumbsup: The shifter is SO much different with a tri-ax, both in precision and ergonomics, its much easier to reach:) soon, you will come to da dark side........so soon;-)

NastyWS6

Established Member
LOL, I think one of the first things I am going to look into changing is the shifter and probably a CAI just so I can hear the blower better.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> NastyWS6: I finally got the chance to see what everyone has been talking about first hand...

Not all that quick or fast, but the potential is there. That was my initial impression...

NastyWS6

Established Member
Yeah that about sums it up IMO, very good starting point so tons of potential. But still enough power untouched to be able to live with for a while if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread