The TICK!!!

03cobra34

Established Member
I took my 03 Cobra in for the TICK recall and they said they would replace the head. When the head was taken off the found excessive scouring on the #7 piston. They dropped the oil pan and removed the piston and found that there was excessive blowby. The good news is now I am getting a new engine,the bad news is the soonest they can get one so far is December. Doesn't Ford have crate engines you can buy? If so why don't they just get me one of those?:shrug:

03cobra34

Established Member
Ventura California, Any idea how they got yours so fast or who they talked to? I was tempted to call svt myself to try to find out some info. Any recomendations?

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
My dealer call the factory for the authorization for a new motor.
I guess once they got the OK they ship them a motor.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
picked it up yesterday, Dealer had it 11 days total.

Took it out from the bottom, Tech said it was so easy and clean.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
I'm getting the head replaced and they were going to give me a new engine at first. My dealer was told that there were only 4 motors built right now and they were trying to get one.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
the rings weren't properly sealed and air/fuel/oil blows PAST the rings in the combustion process

03snakerush

Established Member
combustion is going past the piston rings down into the crankcase. :beer: some is normal, but don,t know what the situation is on that specific engine.

oops! didn't know someone responded, my bad.

Last edited:

03cobra34

Established Member
Originally posted by hssss03
I'm getting the head replaced and they were going to give me a new engine at first. My dealer was told that there were only 4 motors built right now and they were trying to get one.

Can you find out where they are getting it from or who they are talking to?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Have em take one out of an 04. Or better yet, see if they will give you an entire 04! Thats bs!

03cobra34

Established Member
I'm thinking about pursuing the lemon law. I've had the car for a little over a year and I'm at about 10800mi. My car has been in the shop about a half dozen times. Has anyone had theirs lemoned or have any info on how to do it?

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobra34
They dropped the oil pan and removed the piston and found that there was excessive blowby. The good news is now I am getting a new engine,the bad news is the soonest they can get one so far is December.

Translation (The real story...): "What really happened is that we fugged up your engine taking it apart because we didn't know what the hell we were doing. So now we are going to have to replace your whole motor because we don't know how to fix it or put it back together. We came up with the blowby technobabble excuse to make you feel better."

Scoring due to blowby? Blah! I call B.S.! Dealer---->:loser:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I had Ford do a buy-back on my 02 GT. What a pain it was though. Three months of negotiations. Three months in a loaner. Ughh. Yea you can do it though. I'm not too sure what Cali's lemon laws are though. NY's is the same problem being fixed within a two year period, three times. Any questions by all means just ask.

Users who are viewing this thread