The Teal Terminator

Teal Terminator

Established Member
OETKB, thanks for the attempt at keeping things civil. It's obvious NateDogg didn't read the whole ad or care. Otherwise he'd know I've already heard such arguments in the past, wasted time arguing about them, and then still sold the car to a true enthusiast and for a fair price 7 years ago. So I certainly expect to be able to do the same again. As stated in the ad, it's not for everyone but it's no different than a totally custom hot rod... by VIN it might be "worthless" but to someone that appreciates a quality car based on its merit its certainly worth something. As much as a real Cobra, maybe not, but to say it "isn't worth anything" is just ignorant. But I think "Dogg"s follow up comments helped us better determine that already. ;) All this is likely to be deleted by the mods soon anyway, lol.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Cleaned up and someone got a vacation. Really didn't expect that from him. However he is correct on 1 thing. Not being a real Cobra it does not belong here.
GLWS though.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have the diecast already built if the person who buys this car is interested in getting a diecast to go along with the Teal Terminator...........

GLWS OP!! Very nice car and a color Ford should have offered in the Terminator line up.

The Teal Terminator.JPG

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well, this somewhat my bad. I didn’t read the whole OP. I never knew this wasn’t a original Cobra when I originally read it or I would have moved it. I just look for requirements unless it’s very obvious it’s in the wrong section. Always thought this was a original terminator repainted.

Comp04svt

Established Member
That's a beautiful car man, and a very well written ad. That color looks fantastic on a new edge. I honestly don't think that price is unfair IMO, especially considering the apparent time spent painting the engine bay jambs and all that, on top of the mods it has and how clean it is. You wouldn't be able to replicate a build like this for that money. GLWS man!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had to come back to this thread to gaze a second time at the photos of the exterior and mods. Man that paint is stunning. I wish I was in the market for a weekend cruiser. I'd be the talk of our local car crowd. ;)

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Well, this somewhat my bad. I didn’t read the whole OP. I never knew this wasn’t a original Cobra when I originally read it or I would have moved it. I just look for requirements unless it’s very obvious it’s in the wrong section. Always thought this was a original terminator repainted.

With how upfront the OP was in his post and how the car is actually setup currently, argument could be made for posting in either section.

No reason for people to be upset about price, if it isn't your cup of tea, move on.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
That thing is really nice.
That colour would have been the top of the list for favourite had it been on the 03/04 palette. Torch red could been left off for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
**** now I wanna paint mine teal... looking at this one I can only think WOW. If you posted 2 months ago I would have bought it and just brought a new one home unfortunately

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Thanks for the comments fellas. And I wholeheartedly agree, this color definitely should have been offered on 03/04 Cobras. In particular it should have been offered on the '03 10th anniversary cars as kind of an homage to the '93. That's actually what the guy who originally did the conversion had in mind I believe because when I bought it it had 10th anniversary wheels on it. All that said, I guess I'm kind of glad Ford didn't because then this one wouldn't be so unique. :)

Teal Terminator

Established Member
With how upfront the OP was in his post and how the car is actually setup currently, argument could be made for posting in either section.

I appreciate that Weather Man. I kinda think the same and my argument would be someone specifically looking for a Terminator is likely the target audience for this car and as long as they know the deal up front it shouldn't be an issue. Let them decide. And unfortunately that person isn't likely to be looking in the New Edge sub-section of the classifieds. But I understand the technicality of it all and it's ultimately up to the moderators. It was up for 6+ months in the Terminator section last time I sold it and no one ever said a thing. o_O

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
It's a conundrum. As much as these vehicles are heavily modded and sold as such, does a vehicle made with all the same parts, but built elsewhere than the SVT team make it less a Cobra? If I buy a basket of rifle parts from Aero Precision, and assemble them myself, is it not an Aero Precision rifle?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a conundrum. As much as these vehicles are heavily modded and sold as such, does a vehicle made with all the same parts, but built elsewhere than the SVT team make it less a Cobra? If I buy a basket of rifle parts from Aero Precision, and assemble them myself, is it not an Aero Precision rifle?
Being a gun fan, you do make a good argument there.

BME

KING
Established Member

Yes it does make it "less" of a cobra. You'd have to find special insurance policies to cover this thing in full, in the event that some A hole wrecked it.

On another note, this car is gorgeous OP. Well sorted and BEAUTIFUL. Wish I could justify another.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I probably should have included this in my original post (and may go add it now) but you can get an additional value or stated value rider through most major insurance companies (I had one through State Farm at one point). Or Haggerty's is your best bet because they deal with specialty and custom cars like this all the time. They have certain limitations, like mileage a year and minimum premiums I believe, but I still found them cheaper than any other avenue and they're likely to be easier to deal with in the unfortunate event something were to happen. Or you could also choose to just insure it strictly by the VIN as an '01 V6 and come out real cheap. But then you are definitely taking a chance because if you get in a wreck and total it you'll likely only get $5k or so for the car. You're probably better of spending the few hundred extra dollars a year and just insuring it for it's actual value.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have a 93 Teal Cobra and am a big fan of the color. I love how the color looks on your “Terminator!” Absolutely fantastic! Good luck with your sale. You have a one-of-a-kind beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread