The Spoiler Store or The Spoiler Company (ebay)

01svtL

Established Member
Looking at getting a "gt500" spoiler from one of these two companies on ebay. They may be the same company as their spoilers look the same and their ebay ads are similar, but their seller names are different, so I'm not sure. Regardless, has anyone with a '13 or '14 GT purchased one of these? Any issues with fitment? Is it only those with the GT/CS spoilers that have fitment issues? i have the base GT lip spoiler, and don't want something as big as the OEM GT500 spoiler. It looks like the one these guys sell is closer to the rear backup camera spoiler.

Edit: Guy from the Spoiler Store just told me that I would have to drill new holes in the trunk. I haven't seen anyone else mention this. Is it because mine is a '14?

Last edited:

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Their GT500 spoiler for the 10-14 cars is not even close to a GT500 spoiler. It is about the same as an OEM backup camera spoiler. Not worth it going from the stock IMO.

e72d0ffc810d7220667e416b8721970a.jpg

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Their GT500 spoiler for the 10-14 cars is NOT a GT500 spoiler. It is about the same as an OEM backup camera spoiler. Not worth it going from the stock IMO.

sure looks different to me, but I do agree that its not a huge improvement. I would personally do an RTR, if they were ever in stock!!

131197d1380745938-gt500_01.jpg

01svtL

Established Member
Their GT500 spoiler for the 10-14 cars is not even close to a GT500 spoiler. It is about the same as an OEM backup camera spoiler. Not worth it going from the stock IMO.

Yep, that's exactly what I want! It's noticeable enough for me, I don't care for the OEM GT500 spoiler. Which seller did you order from?

01svtl- How is New Mexico bud? You get settled in yet?

Gettin there! The weather up here sure beats Houston. I'm having to get acclimated to the elevation though. My workouts have been terrible as everything I do takes it out of me like a set of heavy deadlifts.
BTW, I don't remember how bad the drone was inside your car, but I sprayed some 3M rubberized undercoating in the trunk yesterday - all over the humps for the rear wheels and down in those crevasses where the fender meets the rear bumper. I think it definitely helped with an annoying vibration I had running up the rear pillar during slow acceleration. It would definitely be easier to buy a few cans of that and spray the trunk pan than cutting up the pieces of sound deadening mat. I'm not sure the spray would work as well on its own or not though. I have both now.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yep, that's exactly what I want! It's noticeable enough for me, I don't care for the OEM GT500 spoiler. Which seller did you order from?

Gettin there! The weather up here sure beats Houston. I'm having to get acclimated to the elevation though. My workouts have been terrible as everything I do takes it out of me like a set of heavy deadlifts.
BTW, I don't remember how bad the drone was inside your car, but I sprayed some 3M rubberized undercoating in the trunk yesterday - all over the humps for the rear wheels and down in those crevasses where the fender meets the rear bumper. I think it definitely helped with an annoying vibration I had running up the rear pillar during slow acceleration. It would definitely be easier to buy a few cans of that and spray the trunk pan than cutting up the pieces of sound deadening mat. I'm not sure the spray would work as well on its own or not though. I have both now.

That altitude will kick your ass! I used to spend my summers in Albuquerque and Estes Park, definitely takes some acclimating. I have a whole roll of sound matting that I need to use in the trunk area. I can't hear anything over the noisy rear end and worn drag radials :D

01svtL

Established Member
Damn! Well I think my rearend is a little quieter after I had them handle the TSB with the leak. Although, I've only gotten it up to about 45 mph in the last 3 weeks since the highest speed limit is 40 around here. I haven't put gas in the car in almost 3 weeks haha. We roll in Elizabeth's BMW if we leave Los Alamos. The Mustang just sits out front with a car cover on it 90% of the time right now. Hoping to hear back on a job I interviewed for last week sometime soon. The guy travels a lot and won't be back til next week.

But yea elevation sucks. Los Alamos is about another 2,000 feet higher than Albuquerque. I hope I get acclimated soon. It's funny, I have to take Beau on 30 minute walks every day as part of his surgery rehab. Both of us are out of breath when we get back. It's pathetic.

Last edited:

01svtL

Established Member
Guy from the Spoiler Store just told me that I would have to drill new holes in the trunk. I haven't seen anyone else mention this. Is it because mine is a '14?

Repth

Established Member
God damnit, I typed out a whole post and fat fingered the key at the last second and deleted it. Short story--I had one of theirs on my 2008 Charger and fit/finish was great. After 5 years the clear coat bubbled and flaked but I think I only ever waxed it like once so it's probably my fault. I could have bought 2 OEM spoilers with what I paid for it though.

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member

I didn't order one. It's too... OEM looking for me. I have read good reviews on them though. What I read was there are 4 bolts you can use - 2 use your existing spoiler holes and the other two are optional. You can drill or you can just use the 3m adhesive.

Users who are viewing this thread