!!!the Setup!!!

vortech96cobra

FORCE FED
Established Member
my 96 cobra is almost finished on the build!

> eagle h-beams w/ arp 2000 bolts

> diamond pistons at -18cc for 8:5:1 compression

> melling oil pump w billet gears

> arp main and head studs

> bored .030 over

> sealed power rod and main bearing

> fel pro full gasket kit

> v-1 strim (soon to be t-trim intercooled)
Just wondering if this setup is strong enough to handle up to 800 hp on 20 pounds of boost and a little shot of nitrous... i know the t-45 wnt last

Helomech74

Established Member
Why so low of compression? I know a lot of people associate running low compression with being able to dial in more boost, on pump gas, but with even a decent tune you can run higher compression and still run 20psi of boost with 93 octane. You are going to sacrifice a little of down low grunt with the 8.5:1 compression. Of course you can offset that with different gears etc. I would shoot for no lower then 9:1 myself. I am going to run in the neighborhood of 9.3 ot 9.5:1 with a good amount of boost as well.

95PGTTech

Established Member
if I had a dollar for every customer I have had with problems with non-Ford/Felpro gaskets....................

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
if by little shot you mean around a 150 shot then yea.

With those stock heads/cams it will prolly make 650rwhp on just boost alone So you will need a nice sized shot to get you there IMO.

Also you are going to need a 8-rib setup atleast.

Not to mention a nice fuel system also.

95PGTTech

Established Member
so felpro sucks?

quite the opposite. I was saying people have problems with gaskets other than OEM or felpro...

I think you may regret your choice of static c/r. while safe, it's a little overly safe, and could really make your car a dog off boost. I hope I'm wrong.

Mach1Mustang

Established Member
My motor is 8.5/1 cr and it pulls very hard, i am even running 3.55 gears. As far as not being fast down low i have noticed that a bit, but with suspension you would be able to raise the rpms to the sweet spot before you left the line. It is only for a fraction of a second and is not really that bad, but then again i am also running stage 3 blower cams. So i may have it a little worse than you will, and like i said it is really not bad at all. Esp. for the piece of mind.

Helomech74

Established Member
Terminators also use a PD type blower as well, so the torque response is different then a centri blower.

Users who are viewing this thread