The saving of a 1998 BAB Cobra

mysteed

Established Member

mysteed

Established Member
The IRS has been in for a few weeks and I must say that I am in LOVE! It rides a thousand times better than my SRA did and it looks sooooooooo good from the rear of the car.
20150301_185444_zps4et8uknj.jpg

20150306_210153_zpsdenscmrk.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0704_zpseqorjj45.jpg

After install I had a clunking noise in the rear (aka the "Cobra clunk") so I did my research and this weekend I installed polyurethane differential bushings to get rid of the "Cobra clunk" from the IRS:
20150328_105754_zpsfsjwx0qv.jpg

Not only did the bushings totally eliminate the clunk, it made a large improvement in how the car feels when going over uneven roads. Having gotten the suspension where I want it to be I have turned my attention to the interior and exterior of the vehicle.

I installed new DEPO projector headlights with 6000k HID's. They are soooo much better than the smoked headlights I had before. I also have a set of Envoy foglights in route.
20150327_200429_zpsf393sjqk.jpg

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Looks great man. I've been debating an IRS swap for a longgggg time. One of these days.. Also I was just about to buy the Depo projectors off Amazon, how do you like them?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I bought a set of those 10th anniversary replicas from AM when they were on sale for $80/each last month - posted them for sale on Craigslist and made some quick cash, haha.

mysteed

Established Member
where did you get your polyurethane differential bushings at ?
I purchased mine from Late Model Restoration. I think Maximum Motorsports and American Muscle also sell them.

I bought a set of those 10th anniversary replicas from AM when they were on sale for $80/each last month - posted them for sale on Craigslist and made some quick cash, haha.
Lol, nice. Yeah they were CHEAP.

mysteed

Established Member
Wow it has been a long long long time since I have made any updates to this thread.

Sadly this car has been mostly sitting since my last update as the guy who is painting my car kept saying he'd get to it but life has a way of getting in...the way.

Nevertheless now life has found a way and it's time for my car to take the next step in it's evolution. Time to pull the motor to begin engine work!

2z9lhfc.jpg

2uti5hf.jpg

2z6gkzt.jpg

1zmch83.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread