The saving an 01 vert

coposrv

Established Member
IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

57472987013__F6290ED5-6BA6-400E-8D31-D387B8439903.jpeg

Stumbled upon this being parted out. I wanted it as complete as possible but it was already missing the 01 front bumper, seats, tails IRS brakes and motor.

I just happened to have a novi blown cammed B head 4.6 on an 03 bottom end I completely freshened up this winter. I was going to put the motor in a 98 black coupe but this car is wayyyyy cleaner. I have some work ahead of me and I’ll try to keep this thread updated.

The wife loves the idea of a convertible and it’s the first convertible mustang I’ve owned. So here goes.

The plans;

-Get the car home and clean/touch up paint the underside while everything is out of the way. This car is unbelievably clean. It’s only been in the NE for a hand full of years and it shows. The pics don’t do it justice.

-Install the SRA and fuel system from the coupe.

-get the front suspension in. I have a black stock K and control arms from another 01 GT and a set of coilovers. Not sure I’ll use them or go back to springs. I’m not a big fan of these cars on coil overs. but it’s an option.

-Drop in my built motor/trans and plan the wire tuck.

-Exterior is getting an 03 cobra cloth top and a black saleen kit I’ve been sitting on for awhile. I know, I know. But I love the look of the 99-04 saleens and I have a great foundation here.

Im hoping to have everything wrapped up by Memorial Day this year and to head to the cape for the weekend.

Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
View attachment 1559926
View attachment 1559927
View attachment 1559928
View attachment 1559929

Stumbled upon this being parted out. I wanted it as complete as possible but it was already missing the 01 front bumper, seats, tails IRS brakes and motor.

I just happened to have a novi blown cammed B head 4.6 on an 03 bottom end I completely freshened up this winter. I was going to put the motor in a 98 black coupe but this car is wayyyyy cleaner. I have some work ahead of me and I’ll try to keep this thread updated.

The wife loves the idea of a convertible and it’s the first convertible mustang I’ve owned. So here goes.

The plans;

-Get the car home and clean/touch up paint the underside while everything is out of the way. This car is unbelievably clean. It’s only been in the NE for a hand full of years and it shows. The pics don’t do it justice.

-Install the SRA and fuel system from the coupe.

-get the front suspension in. I have a black stock K and control arms from another 01 GT and a set of coilovers. Not sure I’ll use them or go back to springs. I’m not a big fan of these cars on coil overs. but it’s an option.

-Drop in my built motor/trans and plan the wire tuck.

-Exterior is getting an 03 cobra cloth top and a black saleen kit I’ve been sitting on for awhile. I know, I know. But I love the look of the 99-04 saleens and I have a great foundation here.

Im hoping to have everything wrapped up by Memorial Day this year and to head to the cape for the weekend.

Wish me luck!

Good luck and God speed. Love to see it as you go along with the build. Your encouraging me to start another project...

coposrv

Established Member
Good luck and God speed. Love to see it as you go along with the build. Your encouraging me to start another project...

I really had no intention of another project but I couldn’t help my self. I was honestly ready to buy a coyote. But I love building stuff and besides a golf addiction I have no others hobbies. Just trying to make this cobra great again.

coposrv

Established Member
IMG_0930.JPG

Now that the B motor is going to be in a newer chassis I didn’t want stay with the stock looking plenum. About 45 mins with a 60 grit wheel on a 4” grinder. I’m going to delete the EGR entirely and the IAC I’m going to use remotely. I may cut the throttle body back to straighten it out and spin the manifold 180* to have it face the driver side. We’ll see.

coposrv

Established Member
Been a crazy week parts finding. I was never a big fan of the amber tails and I wouldn’t think I would care this much but this car needs them!

My motor is sitting on a stand sealed up in a excess storage unit. I’ve been going back and forth trying to gather everything I need to start putting this car back together. It needs some love.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread