The S60R brakes setup

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just bought my wife a 2004 Volvo S60R and was reading through the brochure and it said
"Power-assisted ABS brakes, ventilated 13 inch discs front and ventilated 13 inch discs rear. Brembo four-piston aluminum calipers."
So I was like cool it has 4-piston calipers in the front. So I go out to take a look and not only does it have Brembo 4-piston calipers in the front that look like they are the same as the 00R with wider rotors, but it also has Brembo 4-piston calipers in the rear. This car is about 100 pounds heavier then an 00R and about the same as the 03/04. Since it is a Ford I can't believe they didn't provide us the same set-up for our higher power cars. I wonder if we could get the rear set-up to work on our cars?

The good thing is I told here I need to upgrade my brakes now and she is so happy with her new car she doesn't care.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I saw that setup at the NY auto show back in april and thought the same thing....also got a pic of the dual caliper setup on another volvo that was there....I would imagine that would stop anything in a hurry!

getfile.php

Users who are viewing this thread