the rich: helping the family

bullitt2735

Established Member
Give not money, but advice, encouragement, and share knowledge you have learned is all that I would do, if they were willing to listen

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
The advice I give everyone is the same... your level of success is totally dependent on what you are willing to accept as your quality of lifestyle versus your your perceived value of your efforts.

What this means is, some people get comfortable where they are at and stop striving for more, because they feel the level of effort required to make the next step exceeds the possible reward.

Well, if you and your income makes them have a lifestyle they are comfortable with, they have no incentive to move to the next level of success. There is a huge difference between being charitable or generous and being grossly taken advantage of.

The lesson to learn from my case is, only you know where to draw the line as to what you are willing to sacrifice and for whom. In the end, the closer you draw that line, the better off all involved will be.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
hypothetical situation :

You are rich. Making a good amount of money each month. Let's say $200,000.

$200k a month?

Don’t give him a dime. If he wants to start a business or go back to school, you may want to think about matching funds. He puts his money in first. Say and mean it’s a one time deal.

After that he’s out of luck!

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
$200k a month is not not even $2.5 mil a year. So if we are talking "Rich" compared to "Wealthy"... In today's economy, millions is rich and billions are wealthy.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I think with the exception of possibly less than 10 people who frequent this site... that is basically everyone on here.

I like to look at things in two categories. Those who worry about money and those who don't. Someone can make 75K and save 30K a year, while someone else can make 150K and barely save 5K a year

IA Shelby

Established Member
Everybody talks a tough game on here but the reality is we all are helping pay for those that many times have the ability to earn a living but are just lazy.
I think with the exception of possibly less than 10 people who frequent this site... that is basically everyone on here.

Agree. There is a big difference even in the top 1%. The median in the top 1% in most states is around 550-600K a year. The average in the top 1% ranges generally from 800K to 3M a year depending on the state. Which means you got some guys/gals bringing in 50M a year or more. That is a big difference from the 1%’er that is bringing in 500K a year. I can afford some entry level super cars but I cant begin to fathom owning a Konninsegg or Pagani. As James Garner accurately state in the movie “Barbarians at the gates”...”That is F%@* you money”

Kiohtee

Established Member
Everybody talks a tough game on here but the reality is we all are helping pay for those that many times have the ability to earn a living but are just lazy.

This part of your post is retarded. Nobody in here can control their taxes to the extent that we choose what the government does with their sliver of our pie, unless you somehow opt not to pay/file taxes, which is equally retarded.

But we can deny the handing out of our money directly to those asking, and I imagine most if not all of us would walk the walk we're talking. I have and will continue to.

IA Shelby

Established Member
This part of your post is retarded. Nobody in here can control their taxes to the extent that we choose what the government does with their sliver of our pie, unless you somehow opt not to pay/file taxes, which is equally retarded.

But we can deny the handing out of our money directly to those asking, and I imagine most if not all of us would walk the walk we're talking. I have and will continue to.

Thank you for the comment.. I know see the error in my thinking. Now go crush somebody on the highway with your 800hp Mustang.

04YellowGT

Established Member
My dad has money and likes to "help". I have two half siblings, both in their 40s, that are completely worthless. He bails them out over and over again and it drives me crazy. I guarantee you he has given both well over $100k each over the years and thats just what I know of. Both siblings have had good jobs over the years but it only lasts so long before they go back to their old ways. They both milk the system for everything they have and have both filed bankruptcy multiple times. They are essentially everything he despises but he turns a blind eye because they are blood. One has come to me to ask for money and I basically to them to grow up and handle their stuff. I won't even get into how much money he has loaned "friends" in our small town that have failed to pay him back. To say the least I'm salty over this. What I've seen others do to him has made me very cynical and I trust very few. There are maybe 2 people in my life I would lend money too and neither of them would ever need it. My dad can more than afford to do it but I would rather see the money go to deserving people and charities than assholes that are just looking for an easy buck. So hypothetically I wouldn't give them dime.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I personaly dont have a problem with people being successful. I dont know of many broke ass deadbeat whiners creating jobs. Honestly my boss has invested his entire life in his business, I have worked there over 30 years and never missed a paycheck. When I was off for two months after surgery I still got paid. The total monetary investment I have made is a lunch box that I can pick up anytime and walk out. His deal is a little more complicated. I do not resent his success because it has made me a good living. Thats all I expected. If I had comitted everything I own or could pledge I also could have followed a similar path but I didnt want to take the risk. I settled for that paycheck. So if you are not willing to put it all on the line dont bitch about the successful people that did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread