The reports of my death...

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
that is awesome man!!! CONGRATS!!!! that is awesome news for sure!

good to hear there will be little cobra lovers running around.. gotta keep the tradition going! lol

here to you and your family man :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Thank you all for the congratulations, ladies and gents. :beer: It's good to hear from you all again and I apologize for disappearing.

We have our 2nd ultrasound next Wednesday. This one (I'm told) is the one where we get to hear his/her heartbeat. Typing the preceding sentence is still a bit of a world-rocker...

Any tips from all you parents out there? If there were 1 thing you could say to a new parent today, what would it be?..

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Thank you all for the congratulations, ladies and gents. :beer: It's good to hear from you all again and I apologize for disappearing.

We have our 2nd ultrasound next Wednesday. This one (I'm told) is the one where we get to hear his/her heartbeat. Typing the preceding sentence is still a bit of a world-rocker...

Any tips from all you parents out there? If there were 1 thing you could say to a new parent today, what would it be?..

Greg makes a good point.

Few things....

Do not to buy into the marketing hype you will be presented with over the next year. There are 5 million things you need when you enter a baby store. The reality is you only the basics. So much crap is out there and at first glance you think they are important because you are so concerned about safety. "What If", is the selling point and most if it is useless and marketed in a way to scare you. Can not begin to add up the money we spent, or people spent on us that went to waste on things that turned out to be totally useless. Just choose wisely and Monitors, soon to become a part of your body, are worth spending your money on. That was the one thing we bought that was "middle of the road" that ended up being replaced.

Outside of that maintain confidence, and bring him / her up the way you and Kelly want to bring him / her up. Everyone has an opinion on how you should do things but the truth is you will do what is right, naturally. You would be surprised how your well you are at parenting without someone telling you how to do it.

Finally - You are about to embark on the most awesome experience ever :rockon: Nothing you have ever done, or seen, can compare to what you will soon experience. It is simply awesome and you will truly understand the meaning of pride!

Last edited:

Boobinspector

Established Member
Every day is something new. Hearing that first heart beat will make you jump with joy dude I know I did. And your child will also teach you the new meaning of patience. Oh Just remember to give them all the love you have. They remember that stuff. And they pick up all of your good and bad habits. GOOD LUCK DUDE.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Not a parent yet...but if I've learned one thing from talking to others it is this....wear a cup.

Users who are viewing this thread