The reports of my death...

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
... are greatly exaggerated.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/8129728-post1332.html
"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

I won't try to make up excuses for being so incredibly MIA recently. All I can say is that life comes at you fast sometimes and when priorities shift, some things that you love may have to be put on hold for a while. I really hope that there's no ill-will towards me for being absent. I do miss hanging out with my MACA brethren and I do troll the boards to *try* to stay up on things. I have a few things to report on:

We had a website outage recently because some jack4$$ decided to hack our site (maca-online.com) and inject a nice virus into it. Once we got that taken care of (thanks FISHTAIL :beer:), we got the site back up and running. Anyone who accessed maca-online.com may want to double-check their PCs with a quick virus scan just to make sure they're good.

Now on to the most important development in my life to this point:

My wife and I are expecting our first child November 6, 2009, give or take a week. We found out on the day it snowed a bunch and I'm pretty sure I said no more than 5 words the entire day. It was quite a surprise, but we were going to start trying within a year anyways, so perhaps God felt it was better timed this way. After the first day or so, we're both now VERY excited about the new addition and truly beginning our family. Both sets of grandparents-to-be were ecstatic about the news, as were the rest of our friends and family. So, between this great news, me taking a new job back in July, running half-marathons with my wife, and Schutzhund training for my German Shepherd, my life's been a little nuts recently.

I hope everyone's doing well and I'm glad to see that we continue to attract members. It's crazy to think that in not even 5 years we'd have over 500 members. This all started when Dwight and Jason just started talking about getting a few guys together for a cruise or to go to the track together. Amazing how much a little organization and lots of good people can do.

I'll try to not be so much of a stranger anymore. I can at least muster a few posts a week. Again, I hope everyone's doing well!! :beer: :rockon:

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Wow!!!!! Congrats Sean!!!!!! It's a long wait but worth every single moment!!! Please pass on our congrats to Kelly!

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Another addition to the MACA family...how cool is that?

Congrats Sean and Kelly!!! :dancenana:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Congrats Sean! Do not buy anything, we have tons of stuff after having the twins!

TRBO VNM

congrats man. that is awesome. Good for the both of you.

give me a ring. we still need to go shooting.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Congrats Sean. I hear the whole kid thing is a blast..I might have to try it myself sometime soon.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Anytime now for the wife and I. Wait until the 8 to 9 month. Unless you have a king size bed you and your couch will become very close. The mood swings are severe and constant. But in the end it is all worth it when you see the ulrasounds and hear the eratic heartbeat. And man how fast it grows in there. But in the end congrats. I also have a three year old and he constantly teaches me things wow. Kids are COOL.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Congrats Sean, enjoy it with every minute you have with them even though at times that will be tough. Reason I say this is they grow up extremely fast, faster than we did for sure.

Ken

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread