The Random Weather Thread

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Builder who did my mother-in-law addition came out and did a quick peek to see if more though inspection needed. Looks like the guttering and down spouts on South and West side, house roof (less than 1 ****ing year old), and shed roof may need replacing. Luckily, the better quality Dutch lap steel siding I ponied up for looks good.

blownfox

Established Member
A little. At one point it stop moving west to east. If it turned to the north 1.5 miles earlier, we would have been in its path. Helped a friend who lost their house. Pretty crazy and never seen anything like it before. There was no rain and could clearly seen it.

Coosawjack

Established Member
We have Hurricanes to worry with here but they give us lotsa WARNING.....Tornadoes are another story with almost zero warning and often with devastating results!!

GLAD you were spared....GOOD LUCK!!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Setting up some insurance fraud from the sound of it!
Happened to my FIL. Storm rolled through the area. Days later, roofing company going door to door offering free inspections. FIL comes home one day to find the roofing guy sitting in his truck and the insurance adjuster on his roof. Asks roofer WTH is going on, guy says "he (adjuster) told me to get out of his way" and then took off. Adjuster comes down and accuses my FIL of damaging his own roof. FIL had never even gone up there. Roofer had been up there creating the damage.

For some reason a lot of roofers think they can recreate hail damage with a hammer, but you can't. It's extremely obvious when it happens and insurance adjusters know exactly what it looks like.

Going after the roofer doesn't help because they will just close up shop and open under a new name the next week.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Tor(nado) embedded within a (Tropical Cyclone aka Hurricane)
We had one in Hurricane Irma.....Water Spout in the Coosaw River.........I watched as it threw spume like a 747 in a rainy runway, all the while hoping it would go East and away from us........it did......WHEW, for now!!(y):)

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Going after the roofer doesn't help because they will just close up shop and open under a new name the next week.
You're absolutely right about that!

We had some siding come off the house earlier this year. Neighbor lady comes by and says she works for a company called AmeriPro and that they could handle the repairs. Very insistent on going through insurance even though our two prior estimates were $1600 so we planned to pay cash. Talking to my FIL about it, he looks up reviews online. I shit you not, word-for-word reviews for AmeriPro and a now defunct company called American Dream. Coincidentally, American Dream was the place that chased hail damage in his neighborhood years earlier and tangled him up with the insurance adjuster/fraud debacle. Needless to say, we went a different direction. Feel bad for the neighbor, though, because she's only been with the scammers for a month or two and probably has no idea what they're really about.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Getting new roof to replace my less than 1 year old roof and my metal shed getting a new roof also.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Still need to finish my video. Traveled in a 1/4 backward C shape until passing the turnpike. then shot off NE at the same heading until it lifted 2mi east of Benton The track was within 7-7.4mi from 21st and Rock like you took a protractor and started at 145* and drew a line with a protractor to 90* then it kept the same NE heading until it lifted 2mi east of Benton. So 5-4'oclock to 3, before going off NE.
It was a super high base, and a "left flank split/ left mover" after the initial cell split (splitting storm), in which the "left mover" usually rotates very fast cyclonically (counterclockwise) as it breaks free, right side goes anticyclonic (clockwise) which gives that left cell a twirl as it breaks off. Part of why we went from a rotating wall cloud to tornado on the ground in less than 50 seconds.
On radar it was clear air until it started getting some debris and showed as a red dot a few miles behind the cell. Here is a radar shot from about 8:23 and you can see the tornado over the turnpike, with debris falling around, behind it casung the other returns. Spotters were calling in Tornado on the ground doing damage by 8:11:30pm before the warning was issued, typically we get ~15mins.
Still can't believe with no warning (aside a watch which was very uneventful most of the day due to a very strong cap) and moving at 60mph through dense population as a very strong multiple vorticity EF3 it only injured a few people and somehow no deaths.

I was getting crap together as the cold front was meeting the dryline and causing many areas of rotations even producing a few smaller tornadoes on the leeding edge. They would be nearly ontop of me at night, in precipitation. Thankfully they were all in the open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-175355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-175355_Chrome.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220430-152549_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-152549_Gallery.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 5F09B71E-78B7-4BCE-AAB9-15F77D825E92 - Copy.png
    5F09B71E-78B7-4BCE-AAB9-15F77D825E92 - Copy.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 73196F14-8B59-4329-A1BD-078843086C02 - Copy.png
    73196F14-8B59-4329-A1BD-078843086C02 - Copy.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220429-202610_RadarScope - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20220429-202610_RadarScope - Copy.png
    820 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
For the love of God, we've had bigger thunderstorms last month than this drizzle. You'd think this is a Cat 4 by the way it's being hyped. SMH
Right, all the new people living here flip **** out. I know, we get thunder storms that are way more violent.

Users who are viewing this thread