The Random Weather Thread

chagan02

Established Member
Sorry for the double post. Phone screwed that up.

Anyway, it was one Supercell. Yet to be determined if a continuous track.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yeah, I obviously have one at the house beings I live in Minnesota. I may need to get one for the shop.
Ariens 28" and don't look back. Mine makes the snow quiver in fear. lol My driveway is probably about 6 cars wide so I need a blower with enough sack to throw snow from the middle of the driveway to either side. Just did my annual tune-up. I don't use the electric start, but she still turned over first yank after sitting since last season. Although, realistically, you may be able to get away with a decent single stage based on the pictured driveway area. Obviously the street end would be a challenge, but you can still chip away at it with a little blower.

Recon

Established Member
I haven’t seen a dedicated thread about these systems yet, which surprises me.

However, I was under the impression that it was a series of touchdowns with a large individual twister or two that produced the damage.

I’ve never heard of a single tornado traveling anywhere near 250 miles.

More to this?

As of right now I’ve heard there were 4. With the biggest being the one that stayed on the ground the longest. One of the little ones was close to me, and there’s still issues around here.

Pick your poison.

rborden

Established Member
That is a monster inflow notch

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

The debris ball is that little ball right there at the end of the comma lookin’ thing and it is wound up tighter than a snare drum.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
The debris ball is that little ball right there at the end of the comma lookin’ thing and it is wound up tighter than a snare drum.
Your description made me laugh

I know you didn't know so no hard feelings or anything remotely negative toward you or your post, I have a BS and MS in meteorology

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@Weather Man
Had a chance to monitor this storm?
Amazes me how long this storm is, ~750 miles, and how long the tail has remained in Stillwater, OK area.

1639621210202.jpeg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
@Weather Man
Had a chance to monitor this storm?
Amazes me how long this storm is, ~750 miles, and how long the tail has remained in Stillwater, OK area.

View attachment 1731145

Had a regular thunderstorm with lots of lightning come through last night. A rare bird in mid Dec for central MN. Lots of wind damage over Southern MN.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's was 78 degrees here Saturday afternoon; was out running errands in a light tshirt & shorts. Front blew in Sat night w storms followed by a drastic drop in temps Sunday. Looked out early Sunday evening and SURPRISE!

View attachment 1733305
That's one hell of a swing! I think we've got about the same amount of snow on the ground. lol Granted yours will likely be long gone in a day or two while mine will only get worse until it melts...in April.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's was 78 degrees here Saturday afternoon; was out running errands in a light tshirt & shorts. Front blew in Sat night w storms followed by a drastic drop in temps Sunday. Looked out early Sunday evening and SURPRISE!

View attachment 1733305
Wow, talk about surprise weather! Meanwhile in Virginia, "hundreds of drivers have been stranded on the I-95 in northern Virginia for hours Tuesday morning after the region was slammed with a major snowstorm—prompting some people to turn off their engines or even abandon their vehicles to look for shelter, according to a report. WTOP reported that some drivers have been in their cars for over 15 hours. Some callers were sobbing and scared," Dave Dildine, a traffic reporter for the station, said. "Psychologically it is extremely distressing to be motionless on a highway for hours on end without knowing how much longer it will last."

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Anyone know why the VA DOT didn't have the plows out? The models were pretty much spot on with the storm days out. The strandings should have never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread