• Bruno

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Also consider the psychological effect it has on the enemy to know that it doesn't matter how many Marines you've killed... they keep advancing and screaming bloody murder along the way. The Marine nickname Devil Dog came from Germans during World War II. The Germans had a strong defensive position with better numbers and eventually retreated after experiencing this exact thing.

It was WW1. The name came from a mispronunciation of the german words, "teufel" and "hunde" which mean devil and dogs. The mispronunciation though comes as "teufelhunden" which is incorrect. Its believed that an American came up with it after hearing a German say it about the Marines sometime before or after the the battle of Bealleu Wood.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It was WW1. The name came from a mispronunciation of the german words, "teufel" and "hunde" which mean devil and dogs. The mispronunciation though comes as "teufelhunden" which is incorrect. Its believed that an American came up with it after hearing a German say it about the Marines sometime before or after the the battle of Bealleu Wood.

Yep, one thing is for sure after Bealleu Wood...the Germans were convinced the Marines were ruthless gangsters after that battle.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's what happens when you give a platoon of Marines a reason to do a medal of honor run. When you are surrounded and outnumbered there isn't much you can do besides go balls to the wall and fight like a madman, especially when death is more welcomed than surrender.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Semper Fi
That's what happens when you give a platoon of Marines a reason to do a medal of honor run. When you are surrounded and outnumbered there isn't much you can do besides go balls to the wall and fight like a madman, especially when death is more welcomed than surrender.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
New question.

Is the manner in which he is handling weapons consistent with that training?

It looks like he is almost pointing it back into himself at some points. Especially in stairway or corner engagements

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
New question.

Is the manner in which he is handling weapons consistent with that training?

It looks like he is almost pointing it back into himself at some points. Especially in stairway or corner engagements

I watched the series a while back and remember not being impressed with the weapons handling and movements, but most tv is terrible about getting it right anyways. They get maybe 25% of the moves down right, compared to John Wich where 75% is right and the rest is meant to be made up or exaggerated. Another thing with movements and weapons handling is that ultimately people have their own style, but regarding the Marine Corp's training on the subject the show was not that accurate imo.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I watched the series a while back and remember not being impressed with the weapons handling and movements, but most tv is terrible about getting it right anyways. They get maybe 25% of the moves down right, compared to John Wich where 75% is right and the rest is meant to be made up or exaggerated. Another thing with movements and weapons handling is that ultimately people have their own style, but regarding the Marine Corp's training on the subject the show was not that accurate imo.

John wicks seems much more deliberate. Seems kinda jerky to me

Punisher style seemed to be more flow and smooth.

I’m assuming as you mentioned deliberate means move with purpose.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
John wicks seems much more deliberate. Seems kinda jerky to me

Punisher style seemed to be more flow and smooth.

I’m assuming as you mentioned deliberate means move with purpose.

Punisher is more basic infantry training movements and is very amateurish, and John Wick utilizes movements taught in CQB school and other advanced schools that special operations goes through although with a lot of twist obviously.

LostM

Established Member
Marine 5/01-01/06, before I went Army for a LONG Time. the moto shit ends shortly after boot camp. after thats its used de-motivationally in most cases

LINE training was ok, MCMAP took its place, more MMA style and jujitsu.

I will say violence is encouraged, as is the mental toughness and will to never quit, but thats more of a byproduct of the social settings than actual "training". bar fights and company/barracks brawls were the norm. You rarely got in trouble for fighting, but you better not lose or you getting ****ed up worse
Mentally, marines have been transitioning on a more intelligent fight. ie when to and not to fight, how to read the landscape, and especially people; but when its time to fight, same thing, you better win

In that regard, the TV show is ok. Gun play was ok. non elite units are good, but the recon and marsoc community are attempting to be SF equivalents, they just dont have the $$, but they do have the people

but on a percentage scale, inherently being a Marine, is not really advantageous. I know just as many retards as i do stellar

Punisher is more basic infantry training movements and is very amateurish, and John Wick utilizes movements taught in CQB school and other advanced schools that special operations goes through although with a lot of twist obviously.

Also this

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Marine 5/01-01/06, before I went Army for a LONG Time. the moto shit ends shortly after boot camp. after thats its used de-motivationally in most cases

LINE training was ok, MCMAP took its place, more MMA style and jujitsu.

I will say violence is encouraged, as is the mental toughness and will to never quit, but thats more of a byproduct of the social settings than actual "training". bar fights and company/barracks brawls were the norm. You rarely got in trouble for fighting, but you better not lose or you getting ****ed up worse
Mentally, marines have been transitioning on a more intelligent fight. ie when to and not to fight, how to read the landscape, and especially people; but when its time to fight, same thing, you better win

In that regard, the TV show is ok. Gun play was ok. non elite units are good, but the recon and marsoc community are attempting to be SF equivalents, they just dont have the $$, but they do have the people

but on a percentage scale, inherently being a Marine, is not really advantageous. I know just as many retards as i do stellar

Also this

Sf=Special forces?

850SNCobra

Established Member
Crazy how a thread pops up about this show after I started the first season earlier this week. I love the show, hooked on it.
I was curious too about how close some of the stuff you see in the tv series relates to the stuff actual marines/special forces guys went through in real life. Some of it seems true but a bit far fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread