The proven best Terminator cooling mod EVER!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Not for the faint of heart, but it is VERY effective.:rockon::bowdown:

There are some people in the Terminator enthusiast community, that also enjoy hard tracking their cars, that have mentioned that they would be very likely to purchase this, if a full function, hinge and latch capable version was made of this hood right here.

DSC02401-1.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

If Tiger Racing could be convinced that there was sufficient and very interested market for a FULL FUNCTION....not lift off version --> like the hood shown here (which was custom fabbed from a stock hood combined with a Tiger hood)... Tiger-Racing

Would you be interested in buying one? Yes it clears the Eaton and a fairly large KB as well!

I know I would. Currently it is only available in lift off form in both CARBON FIBER(8lbs) and FIBER GLASS(20lbs).
From this thread-> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/open-track-racing-203/760083-what-hood.html

Post up if you would like to see this product come to market in non-lift off form.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
That would look GREAT on my car.... I mean my car would run way cooler with that.... Definitely need pricing on that. Oh man, in Black muhuhahahahaha.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I understand the cooling benefits of that hood.....but dayum that's fugly.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I understand the cooling benefits of that hood.....but dayum that's fugly.

There is no doubt that some, like you, will not like the looks of this hood.

Me personally, I like it. A LOT!
However it will be thought to be too extreme by some.

I also need to add an important disclaimer.

This hood will not provide any significant additional air flow increases through the radiator if the car is parked idling in the drag racing staging lanes or a traffic jam.

The car has to be moving for this to really be effective.

This is also the company that make the hood for this car.:p
302shood.jpg

The 2012 BOSS 302 S:bowdown:
Tiger is already making a full function bolt on S197 hood as used on the BOSS 302 S cars, we would like to see them make a bolt on for the NEW EDGE cars.

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
Yeah, that's a heat extractor hood for sure. I like it. Probably not great on a dd though with so much open to the elements.

Blueline

Established Member
Could you imagine the threads that would be started..."How to do I keep the water/rain from getting into the motor with this hood?".....Jimmy's reply.... ALOT OF GORILLA TAPE!!!! Hahahaha

SlowLNF

Established Member
Could you imagine the threads that would be started..."How to do I keep the water/rain from getting into the motor with this hood?".....Jimmy's reply.... ALOT OF GORILLA TAPE!!!! Hahahaha

:lol:

It's not meant for someone who drive their car every day though. Hell, I even took my windshield wipers off because my car doesn't see rain.

Blueline

Established Member
:lol:

It's not meant for someone who drive their car every day though. Hell, I even took my windshield wipers off because my car doesn't see rain.

I know ha, I just thought it was funny cause you know someone would post it up. My car also does not see rain or cloudy days. :rockon:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Actually I am pretty sure I could fab up a light weight sheet aluminum rain tray that would allow the water to run forward in the inclined tray, a slight distance below the louvers, and dump in front of the engine just like our current vents do.

Yet remain open enough to not restrict the vacuum pull on the air just behind the radiator.
If the car is moving it would not be an issue.
However parked in a rain storm or at a light, it could possibly become an issue.

It would probably fit all the S197 Tiger hoods as well, HMMM... :idea:maybe I should create a start up business if this hood takes off.:-D

SlowLNF

Established Member
I know ha, I just thought it was funny cause you know someone would post it up. My car also does not see rain or cloudy days. :rockon:

Probably. I always take my car out on cloudy days. Always nice to get pics with a stormy looking sky or when the sun's just starting to come out.

Satyr

Established Member
That hood looks sick. I doubt I would buy one because mine is a DD throughout the summertime, but man does it look amazing.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Make a sliding piece of sheet metal so the hood closes up like a cheap heater vent. Done. :poke::bash:

gat0r

Established Member
that hood is awesome, but i would be more interested in something in btwn racebronce2 & sct2003.
if i had a dedicated racer, i would be all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread