The present owner of my 2003 Cobra connected with me today! What a surprise!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He's been working on fuel system issues. Hopefully he's nearing the end. He has been working to replace the Ford Focus fuel pumps, and he's in the process of polishing his exhaust pipes.

44shelby

Established Member
i tried to watch a couple of his videos and he makes me cringe. Seems he half asses things. +1 vote for bob buying the car back.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Very cool. Mine went to a good place after me and got some nice upgrades but then took a turn and haven't seen her since the next owner.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool Bob, I'd love to see where my old '03 is. Torch Red #77. I know that a guy down in socal bought it and was a member on here, but not sure where it went from there.

ggradtech

Established Member
I saw Josh posting stuff and asking questions about the car on a FB group. I told him that you were on SVTP since the beginning, and to look you up here. Glad he connected with you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, it sold again! Josh sold it to a buyer in TN (Jake). Great guy, and he'll take good care of it. Josh and Jake have become friends as a result of the sale, and talk often.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, it is cool. Just wish I had gotten to see it before it was shipped to the new owner in TN. I stay in touch with Josh. Hopefully late spring I'll take a drive up to meet him in person in MA. I'll get to see his "new" Mystichrome Cobra, as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jake (Jacob) is the buyer from TN, Paul. I don't know what his last name is, so I'm not sure about the 'H'.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Josh has been trying to join SVTP but keeps running into an issue when he tries to add his car info. The screen freezes. I'll have to reach out to Sid.

Marines691

Established Member
I bought it. And now a MC with 17k miles too. I just need a steering wheel for the MC its gone by the 1st owner. She needs a tune and all new spark plugs though. Just not sure which ones to buy with her whipple 2.3? Any links for the best set?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance, Jacob, and congratulations on buying my old 2003 Cobra from Josh. I'm not sure if you've ever seen these photos, but they were from when I picked the car up from my dealership in CT. And my Eaton was the first polished blower done by Apten Performance back in 2003. A far cry from where your motor is today. LOL!

1645275144890.jpeg

1645275178949.jpeg

Photo of the original Eaton ported & polished.
1645275225524.jpeg

My original show plate.
1645275534194.jpeg

Marines691

Established Member
Welcome to SVTPerformance, Jacob, and congratulations on buying my old 2003 Cobra from Josh. I'm not sure if you've ever seen these photos, but they were from when I picked the car up from my dealership in CT. And my Eaton was the first polished blower done by Apten Performance back in 2003. A far cry from where your motor is today. LOL!

View attachment 1738694

View attachment 1738695

Photo of the original Eaton ported & polished.
View attachment 1738696

My original show plate.
View attachment 1738697
Thanks. I love this car. So much so it made me immediately buy the MC. Lol. Those pictures are awesome. So cool.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I bought it. And now a MC with 17k miles too. I just need a steering wheel for the MC its gone by the 1st owner. She needs a tune and all new spark plugs though. Just not sure which ones to buy with her whipple 2.3? Any links for the best set?
NGK TR6 plugs are great.

Gapped to the recommendations of your tuner.

Marines691

Established Member
Very nice car you bought, and a MC also! Your biggest problem now is deciding which one to drive.
Well the MC although 17k miles needs something. Driving it home I got into boost. Dropped to third gear going 55 and got on it but it immediately just wouldn't go felt like it was fighting me. Previous owner said it sat and needed a tune. It has a whipple 2.3l and sme other stuff. But it was tuned back in day. Maybe the tune got wiped in 9 years. But idk. Not driving in boost it drives so smooth and starts up fine. Maybe a tune and new spark plugs it will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread