The present owner of my 2003 Cobra connected with me today! What a surprise!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Talk about a surprise. My old 2003 DSG Cobra has changed owners 5-6 times since I sold it to a Ford sales manager in Arizona. I've always wondered where it was now, and occasionally poke around online hoping to maybe find the current owner. Well, out of the blue today I get a call from a guy in Massachusetts, Josh S. He said he had my old Cobra. I was, like, WHAT! I had lost track of it after owner #3. Not sure how he found me, but it was great talking to him for a half hour about its current mods, answering questions he had, etc. Nice guy.

The car only has 47K miles on it, and it's in great condition. My polished ported Eaton is long gone, replaced by a Whipple blower. I sent Josh about 50 old photos I had of the car, and he was thrilled to get them. He loves the car and will make some minor mods going forward. I gave him Performance Dyno's (Pete) name and he'll probably take the car there for a dyno tune soon. I'm only one state away so hopefully I'll actually get to see it some day.

A surprising day!

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Very cool! I still look for my 03 DSG also. I missed out on it by 3 months. It was for sale in the Dallas area and now sports twins and an auto. Cool on the twins, yuck on the auto! I still would love to get it back and replace it with a T56 like it should have.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Very cool! I love hearing stories like this. I know where my old MC is and I have first dibbs if he goes to sell it.

Before I bought my newest Sonic Blue I tracked down my previous Sonic blue and was real close to buying it back, but there was just too much done to it since I let it go. If I didn't find the one so clean I probably would have bought it back.

Now that you know where that one is, do you think you'll ever try to get it back?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very cool! I love hearing stories like this. I know where my old MC is and I have first dibbs if he goes to sell it.

Before I bought my newest Sonic Blue I tracked down my previous Sonic blue and was real close to buying it back, but there was just too much done to it since I let it go. If I didn't find the one so clean I probably would have bought it back.

Now that you know where that one is, do you think you'll ever try to get it back?
He told me if he ever decides to sell it he'll let me know.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
...... I gave him Performance Dyno's (Pete) name ......

Great story. Pete's the man! Had my car up there to Pete in NH shortly after I bought it, and he fixed me right up to pass RI Emissions (whereas a local tuner had ZERO clue that the O2 sensors were turned off in the tune).

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that's very cool, cobrabob! amazing how it wound back up so close to you after being all over the country.

quad

Established Member
That's a cool story Bob! I know of one local guy who owned a black Terminator. He bought it when he was 18 and sold it a few years later. Car was in mint condition. A couple of years later he wanted to buy the car back but the new owner refused all offers. I had the pleasure of driving it once on the freeway and it was a blast. The car sounded awesome. At that time my own Terminator only had a catback, K&N filter and subframes so it was a shock when I noticed the power increase his car had.

Now of course my Terminator is just as crazy. I need to drive it though it's been almost 2 years, sitting under a cover in a garage. I did add a fuel stabilizer last time it was filled up. Actually the last time it was on was when I locked myself out of the Cobra and nobody on here had any sympathy for my predicament lol! :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a cool story Bob! I know of one local guy who owned a black Terminator. He bought it when he was 18 and sold it a few years later. Car was in mint condition. A couple of years later he wanted to buy the car back but the new owner refused all offers. I had the pleasure of driving it once on the freeway and it was a blast. The car sounded awesome. At that time my own Terminator only had a catback, K&N filter and subframes so it was a shock when I noticed the power increase his car had.

Now of course my Terminator is just as crazy. I need to drive it though it's been almost 2 years, sitting under a cover in a garage. I did add a fuel stabilizer last time it was filled up. Actually the last time it was on was when I locked myself out of the Cobra and nobody on here had any sympathy for my predicament lol! :)
You HAVE to get your Terminator back out on the road.
1630407968170.gif

Very cool Bob ..... I also read about that on FB!! I bet at times you still wish you had the DSG! :)
For sure, Tim. I'm not at a point where I'm anguishing over no longer having it, but there are definitely days where I DO miss it. One of those time's was when I was watching a video that Josh (the new owner) sent me. Yep, that made me miss it.

Josh and I are still texting each other and/or chatting on the phone. He's a cool dude. His young son loves the Cobra, too. He actually did a video of his dad doing a slower pass in a large parking lot. LOL.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
You HAVE to get your Terminator back out on the road.
View attachment 1718564

For sure, Tim. I'm not at a point where I'm anguishing over no longer having it, but there are definitely days where I DO miss it. One of those time's was when I was watching a video that Josh (the new owner) sent me. Yep, that made me miss it.

Josh and I are still texting each other and/or chatting on the phone. He's a cool dude. His young son loves the Cobra, too. He actually did a video of his dad doing a slower pass in a large parking lot. LOL.
Bob, this reminds me of when I found the original owner in Anchorage, Alaska to my DSG .... He also sent me pictures, and I still have them!!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nice! I was able to track down my Comp Orange 04 Cobra a few years back. I had bought her from a lady in Columbia with 17K miles no mods. Had her for about 4 years then sold her to a local guy here in Charleston. He sold her to someone in NC I believe. I spent about a week looking and found the owner on the Comp Orange Mustang Registry that I belonged to because oy my CO 15 GT. We chatted.....it was cool. I guess I should have taken that time to get the spare key back to him! lol

Venom351R

Established Member
I know Josh, I'm friends with him on FB. So cool that he found the original owner and was able to find you. I'm only know the person that had my Cobra before me because I knew her for a long time before buying it. I'll have to see if I can track down the other owners of the car as well before she had it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob, here's a picture of mine "new" in Anchorage...
That's a cool story, Tim. Hang onto that photo. One of the nicest DSG Cobras I've had the pleasure of seeing. ;)
Nice! I was able to track down my Comp Orange 04 Cobra a few years back. I had bought her from a lady in Columbia with 17K miles no mods. Had her for about 4 years then sold her to a local guy here in Charleston. He sold her to someone in NC I believe. I spent about a week looking and found the owner on the Comp Orange Mustang Registry that I belonged to because oy my CO 15 GT. We chatted.....it was cool. I guess I should have taken that time to get the spare key back to him! lol
That's another neat story. Always nice to catch up on where your Cobra is now, and how she's doing.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool story Bob and awesome to hear the new owner is talking good care of her. I still talk to the current owner of my old terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread